[HOW TO] Have rclone autostart on an Android install
(2021-07-25, 18:11)aistand Wrote:
(2021-07-24, 20:20)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 12:41)aistand Wrote: Hi @jkasyan. Neither of the two lines you proposed did not work. The problem is still the same with "Permission Denied".
Thanks for your help anywaySmile
Look at your logfile, and you'll see an entry like:

"The executable running is: /data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/libkodi.so"

If that was your logfile
​​​​​​before the line
if not xbmcvfs.exists(loc)
Try adding
loc = "/data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm"

I don't think that will work, but very curious to see.  

A couple of less ideal/more difficult options:

You can sideload Kodi 18, and that will work. 

If you root your device, then you can run a magisk module https://github.com/galeksandrp/app-data-file-exec

You may also be able to find a version of kodi modifed to Target SDK to 28 in APK Studio Editor.  You'd sideload it, and disable automatic updates.  Team Kodi can't do this with the officially distributed version as google requires targeting SDK 29 to be updated in the play store.

I'm not at all sure how binary addons are going to work in the future. Google already says "An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism. Likewise, an app may not download executable code (e.g. dex, JAR, .so files) from a source other than Google Play."

Maybe we'll need to publish binary addons as addon apks in the store?  Is that how the binary addons do it right now?  No clue.

Hi @jkasyan I added the line you proposed and kodi showed an error of "Permission denied: '/data/app/~~fN3Dc3yGSLA7OSIdPi-fEw==/org.xbmc.kodi-BgThrOjmXMLYe0nN5Y0kfg==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm'.
The log file is acaliteroh.kodi (paste).

Also My Pixel 3a XL is not rooted.
loc="/data/user_de/0/org.xbmc.kodi/rclone-android-16-arm" 

If that doesn't work, I think the recommendation is to not use kodi 19 on android 10 if you want binary addons to work?  I'm still not clear if the addons in the official repository are even working.
(2021-07-25, 19:05)jkasyan Wrote:
(2021-07-25, 18:11)aistand Wrote:
(2021-07-24, 20:20)jkasyan Wrote: Look at your logfile, and you'll see an entry like:

"The executable running is: /data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/libkodi.so"

If that was your logfile
​​​​​​before the line
if not xbmcvfs.exists(loc)
Try adding
loc = "/data/app/~~LGX0oAUvP8OwOyuC0-5TUw==/org.xbmc.kodi-YSIJd7kX4fyunrNQAJmUTA==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm"

I don't think that will work, but very curious to see.  

A couple of less ideal/more difficult options:

You can sideload Kodi 18, and that will work. 

If you root your device, then you can run a magisk module https://github.com/galeksandrp/app-data-file-exec

You may also be able to find a version of kodi modifed to Target SDK to 28 in APK Studio Editor.  You'd sideload it, and disable automatic updates.  Team Kodi can't do this with the officially distributed version as google requires targeting SDK 29 to be updated in the play store.

I'm not at all sure how binary addons are going to work in the future. Google already says "An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism. Likewise, an app may not download executable code (e.g. dex, JAR, .so files) from a source other than Google Play."

Maybe we'll need to publish binary addons as addon apks in the store?  Is that how the binary addons do it right now?  No clue.

Hi @jkasyan I added the line you proposed and kodi showed an error of "Permission denied: '/data/app/~~fN3Dc3yGSLA7OSIdPi-fEw==/org.xbmc.kodi-BgThrOjmXMLYe0nN5Y0kfg==/lib/arm/rclone-android-16-arm'.
The log file is acaliteroh.kodi (paste).

Also My Pixel 3a XL is not rooted.
loc="/data/user_de/0/org.xbmc.kodi/rclone-android-16-arm" 

If that doesn't work, I think the recommendation is to not use kodi 19 on android 10 if you want binary addons to work?  I'm still not clear if the addons in the official repository are even working.

Hi @jkasyan. I changed loc="/data/user_de/0/org.xbmc.kodi/rclone-android-16-arm".
There is no more error. But the result is still the same with "RCLONE:/system/bin/sh: /data/user_de/0/org.xbmc.kodi/rclone-android-16-arm: Permission denied" in log.
The log file is zudatitici.kodi (paste).

Anyway thanks for your help.
So there is no solution for Google devices? (I have the chromecast with Google Tv). Apart on the fire tv it works perfectly, the only drawback is that even if the kodi app is installed in an external storage, anything that is inside kodi (.kodi folder), is installed in the internal storage, with 5.6gb it is not you can download all the images that I have in my library ... it's a shame.
(Yesterday, 08:24)maiki83 Wrote: So there is no solution for Google devices? (I have the chromecast with Google Tv). Apart on the fire tv it works perfectly, the only drawback is that even if the kodi app is installed in an external storage, anything that is inside kodi (.kodi folder), is installed in the internal storage, with 5.6gb it is not you can download all the images that I have in my library ... it's a shame.

There are 2 solutions:

1. Grab the apk you want to install.
Unpack it.
Add the rclone binary.
Repack and signe it.

Change the execution path within the addon. Can't remember the exact one but it will be side by side kodi own lib files.

2. Use automate for android:

https://forum.rclone.org/t/launch-rclone...droid/9151

This guy made several posts explaining how to do it. You will need a mouse to change settings within automate.
This app has some security measures. I had to download some "security" apks to enable networking and local file access.

.. and one extra solution.
Get yourself a raspberry pi, boot ubuntu, run rclone and share it over nfs/samba.

I have a NAS in my home and rclone runs on it. I gave up using rclone within android because auto update doesn't work (it will never work).
So watchdog addon doesn't work and when you have a gigantic library it's a no go to re scan it all.

To be honest, lately because of the easy to use and to please the wife, I'm just using Emby + rclone running on my NAS. Much easier for the shield to browse a big collection of media.

If I had a smaller collection I would stick with rclone on android itself.

That's just my opinion in my use case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Have rclone autostart on an Android install0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.