Solved Kodi crashes when display starts
Ever since I got a new LED-tv (HDMI), Kodi crashes when I turn the TV on (from Standby). Kodi works fine up until that, playing music etc. My previous TV did not have this effect on Kodi. On that one, though, there was a “hard” on/off button, if that’s a clue.
The Kodi crashLog doesn’t show anything useful, but the syslog reads 
Code:
kodi.desktop[2099]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Full log here.

I’ve got a feeling that this has something to do with resolutions set somewhere (but I may be completely wrong...). 
I run Kodi 18.6 on Ubuntu 18.04 on an Asus EeeBox.
The TV is Full HD (1920 x 1080) 
Kodi settings:Monitor HDMI-3, Resolution 1920x1080p
This is so annoying. Each time it happens (every day), I have to plug in a keyboard and restart Kodi.
I won't be able to help much but perhaps you'll get more help if you incude Kodi's log with DEBUG ON (it should be in ~/.kodi/temp).  I would open a bug with this information to be honest, especially if the segfault is caused by Kodi.
(2020-05-08, 12:22)niceboy Wrote: I run Kodi 18.6 on Ubuntu 18.04 on an Asus EeeBox.

Any chance you can enabled debugging (via the advancedsettings.xml file is also possible), and get us Kodi's debug log (wiki) ?
Thank you, here are fresh logs:
kodi.log
kodi_crashlog
syslog
This is solved now.
First i had to create a workaround by a shell script that automatically restarts Kodi whenever a new crashlog file appears in the home folder. Quite bulky and ugly solution.
Since then I have upgraded to Ubuntu 20, and the problem disappeared.
I never used 18.04 that much with Kodi, so I cannot confirm your hiccups. But 20.04 + Kodi runs fine too here.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when display starts0