Library corruption on scan/scrape of items? (Xbox One)
I've uninstalled and reinstalled KODI on the Xbox One several times, and have insured it's a clean installation.

Here's the issue: I have several sources, half are TV Shows, the other half are Movies. I like to keep my sources separate, so that if I choose to go into Files under Video, I still have them categorized the way I've had them since way back in the XBMC days. I would set the content for all the sources, then wait the hours it would take to scan in all of them. What I kept finding is that on particular source, "Cartoons", would break the library. If I selected a show from the main menu under "TV Shows", it was unable to show me the seasons, episodes, etc, of the show, but instead would show me a screen with "Movies, TV Shows, Files" etc. Or if I selected all TV shows, or a Genre, I could see a list, but clicking on a show would just refresh the list.

After some trial and error, I found a group of shows that seemed to produce the error. I have no idea if all of them are the culprit, but they were in the test group that would produce the failure. When I would remove the shows from the library, the library would resume functioning as normal.
  1. The only item in common with these shows—save one—is that they all start with "The". Removing "The" from the folder name does not solve the issue. Creating a new directory has not solved the issue.
  2. All of these shows have scanned into the KODI library on a Windows 10 installation (not windows store version, but the version downloaded direction from kodi.tv), and two different Fire TVs, and have not produced the issue.
  3. I have tried exporting the library from my Windows 10 installation to separate files, and scanned the shows in as Local NFO only, TheMovieDB, and TheTVDB. No difference with any of these scrappers. I have removed the NFO files, and rescrapped with both TheMovieDB and TheTVDB; no difference in results.
In this log file I have started up KODI, and opened two TV Shows in progress. They show me available seasons, before I back out, and update my source "Cartoons". It finds the show "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (2005)" and scans in all episodes. Afterwards, I select the same two TV Shows from the TV Show menu item, and it is unable to display their Seasons/Episodes. I then remove the show, KODI cleans the library, and I reselect both shows. Now episodes list.

I've tried this on two different Xbox Ones. (S and X.) If it helps, I can give you the names of the other shows that I have in a separate directory so they don't get scanned in. (I typically like to have it update on launch, but had that disabled for the sake of trying to create a cleaner log file example.)

Log file: suweyacaha.kodi (paste)
There does seem to be a problem with your video database. It is strange that you have a video database and it fails with these few shows. What the problem is and how to solve I have no idea though.

Can you add any new tv shows at all, apart from these few that fail or have you now hit a brick wall and no new shows can be added at all?

xml:
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (SQL logic error or missing database)
Query: SELECT * FROM season_view WHERE season_view.idShow = 419
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-09, 23:35)Karellen Wrote: There does seem to be a problem with your video database. It is strange that you have a video database and it fails with these few shows. What the problem is and how to solve I have no idea though.

Can you add any new tv shows at all, apart from these few that fail or have you now hit a brick wall and no new shows can be added at all?

xml:
ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (SQL logic error or missing database)
Query: SELECT * FROM season_view WHERE season_view.idShow = 419

I can and have added new shows, and there's been no issue, other than these particular ones. And it's only on the Xbox One, as I've stated. And since it's the Xbox One, I can only delete the entire app and start over again just to get a clean database file—which I have done. I have done this almost a dozen times.

I would be more inclined to point this to being a bug on the Xbox One build vs my files, as the only thing in common has been the word "The" in the title of them. They do not all have the same video or audio codecs, nor are they the same file type. But they do all have similar video and audio codecs and file types to other files that are already scanned in. And, again, these same files scrape and exist in the database perfectly on other builds/systems. So weird.
I would need the database to investigate further, but not sure how to grab that off an XBox. I don't have an XBox so I cannot look into it further, but maybe the nfo files might reveal something. Can you provide the tvshow.nfo file and one episode nfo file for that show and post each to Kodi Paste Site.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-10, 00:21)Karellen Wrote: I would need the database to investigate further, but not sure how to grab that off an XBox. I don't have an XBox so I cannot look into it further, but maybe the nfo files might reveal something. Can you provide the tvshow.nfo file and one episode nfo file for that show and post each to Kodi Paste Site.

Yeah, I have tried to copy off the MyVideos116.db file through the File Manager, but even though it reports as copying successfully, there's no file there when I plug my usb drive in the computer.

As for the nfo files, I had deleted all of them earlier in an effort to get them to scan in fresh. I tried to reexport them, but only got the tvshow.nfo so far. (I'll keep trying to get it to give me an episode nfo again.)

kofojawoti (paste)
@spoonTRex

The NFO file is not fully compatible. How did you create the NFO file- a media manager? Which one?

Although it tends to looks like an old Kodi nfo file that maybe you have had for a few years. I would delete them and scrape fresh using the Kodi scrapers.

The major issue with the nfo file is the <episodeguide> URL which is from v1 API, but Kodi only recognises v2 API. You can read more about it here in item 1e... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

(2020-05-10, 04:37)spoonTRex Wrote: As for the nfo files, I had deleted all of them earlier in an effort to get them to scan in fresh.
Did you also delete the tv show from the library? No use deleting the nfo file if that same incompatible information is still in the library database. Both the nfo file and the library need to be deleted.

Let us know if that works.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 04:59)Karellen Wrote: @spoonTRex

The NFO file is not fully compatible. How did you create the NFO file- a media manager? Which one?

Although it tends to looks like an old Kodi nfo file that maybe you have had for a few years. I would delete them and scrape fresh using the Kodi scrapers.

The major issue with the nfo file is the <episodeguide> URL which is from v1 API, but Kodi only recognises v2 API. You can read more about it here in item 1e... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
(2020-05-10, 04:37)spoonTRex Wrote: As for the nfo files, I had deleted all of them earlier in an effort to get them to scan in fresh.
Did you also delete the tv show from the library? No use deleting the nfo file if that same incompatible information is still in the library database. Both the nfo file and the library need to be deleted.

Let us know if that works.  
Kodi > Settings > Export Library > Separate Files. That nfo file was created fresh tonight from a windows installation running 18.6. That show had only been pulled in with a scrapper and never had a seperate nfo file created before the last week or two.

As for deleting both the nfo file and library, that's what I attempted to say I've already done on the xbox one. I cannot delete just the library, so I've had to fully unstall the program itself, which appears to dump everything and start over fresh. I've even (twice) reset the entire xbox fresh, deleting the entire system. So I know the library on the xbox one was fully gone. Without local nfo files and anything residual on the system, I then let it scan back in. Same issue. The issue, to me, appears to be within the xbox one installation itself, which I cannot control.

Also, to answer your last question. The original log file I pasted involved adding and then deleting the show from the library, with no nfo file available, rescrapped from TheTVDB.
Okay, I just did an installation with no userdata directory (on windows), scanned in only the show I've mentioned so far. Then exported it. Here is a fresh scrape from TheTVDB.

Show: anadumamen (paste)
Episode: pigenokide (paste)

Now with TheMovieDB.

Show: ginecorazi (paste)
Episode: vuxeduyesi (paste)

For clarity, these are nfo files generated by KODI 18.6. The error has appeared with either scrapper.
Nah, there is something going wrong. That tvshow.nfo is the same as the first one you posted, incompatibilities and all. The current Kodi scrapers do not scrape that outdated <episodeguide> url along with the "default" and "Unknown" values in the Ratings and UniqueID tags.

Your second tvshow.nfo file and episode nfo file from TheMovieDB are the same as the TVDB nfo files.

You still have something hanging around- either nfo files or the database is not being deleted when you perform your reset. Do you have the Debug Log which captured what you did in your post.

I don't have enough knowledge to guide you to locating files on the XBox. Hopefully others might.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 07:22)Karellen Wrote: Nah, there is something going wrong. That tvshow.nfo is the same as the first one you posted, incompatibilities and all. The current Kodi scrapers do not scrape that outdated <episodeguide> url along with the "default" and "Unknown" values in the Ratings and UniqueID tags.

Your second tvshow.nfo file and episode nfo file from TheMovieDB are the same as the TVDB nfo files.

You still have something hanging around- either nfo files or the database is not being deleted when you perform your reset. Do you have the Debug Log which captured what you did in your post.

I don't have enough knowledge to guide you to locating files on the XBox. Hopefully others might.

If you look at the date added, they're different. I don't know what to say. Those nfo files are generated from a fresh install of Kodi 18.6 on windows where I removed the User\{name}\AppData\Roaming\Kodi folder before installation. I added the single show to a parent directory, and used that parent directory as a source. I scrapped the show first with TheTVDB, then exported the library through Kodi. I uploaded those nfo files. Then removed the source, deleted the nfo files files from the show, and rescrapped with TheMovieDB. If you're seeing things that shouldn't be there, that's not me messing with the files. You're getting them untouched.

I appreciate you looking at these, though.
This is the problem...
<url cache="76044-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/76044/all/en.zip</url>

Kodi does not use that as it was depracated a couple of years ago, so there is no way a scraper now would be creating that tag. And that tag is for TVDB as can be seen. TheMovieDB is completely different.

I am at a loss as I can't dive into my XBoX (because I don't have one) to try to replicate the problem and figure out where the error is. All I can see is that the tvshow metadata is persistent. You say that you are deleting nfo files, so I can only assume the database is not being deleted or cleaned, which sort of makes sense considering there is a problem with the database as I pointed out in my first post.

I am hoping someone with an XBox can guide you further.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 08:09)Karellen Wrote: This is the problem...
<url cache="76044-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/76044/all/en.zip</url>

Kodi does not use that as it was depracated a couple of years ago, so there is no way a scraper now would be creating that tag. And that tag is for TVDB as can be seen. TheMovieDB is completely different.

I am at a loss as I can't dive into my XBoX (because I don't have one) to try to replicate the problem and figure out where the error is. All I can see is that the tvshow metadata is persistent. You say that you are deleting nfo files, so I can only assume the database is not being deleted or cleaned, which sort of makes sense considering there is a problem with the database as I pointed out in my first post.

I am hoping someone with an XBox can guide you further.

I didn't scrape or make those particular nfo files on the xbox one, though. They were a new installation of Kodi 18.6 on windows 10 using the TVDB scrapper from the repository. I'm at a loss for what happened there, or how that happened. Thanks for showing me what to look for. I did a lot of cleaning from my storage, deleted any residual userdata, reinstalled, and rescrapped (using windows again).

TVshow.nfo https://paste.kodi.tv/owimebisef
episode nfo https://paste.kodi.tv/ujovuxukoz

Seems to be pointing to the correct API link this time.
(2020-05-10, 16:56)spoonTRex Wrote: Seems to be pointing to the correct API link this time.
So is everything solved now? If not, new Debug Log capturing you scarping the show.
My Signature
(2020-05-10, 21:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 16:56)spoonTRex Wrote: Seems to be pointing to the correct API link this time.
So is everything solved now? If not, new Debug Log capturing you scarping the show.

I'm currently testing on the xbox right now using the nfo files scraped from the windows build. It's a large source, and takes a while to scrape in. I'll report back, but so far it's been far more successful. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library corruption on scan/scrape of items? (Xbox One)0