Possible to get the container advanced filter params that are in effect?
I think the answer is no.   Seems like it would be worth displaying it for the user, rather than just showing the is filtered bool.

scott s.
Not that I'm aware of.

You can't even change it to use a different dialog -- I was recently trying to have it use a different include with condition="Window.IsVisible(mediafilter)" and even that doesn't work (my idea was to have it more "integrated" into MyVideoNav as I find the filter rather useless with a big dialog obscuring the whole screen).

EDIT: Actually I got thinking about this more and I've been able to have a different include for the filter window by setting a window property before activating the filter -- still haven't figured out a way to get the actual details outside of the dialog though, I'm going to try see if I can leverage window properties somehow

EDIT2: Nope, coming up against a dead-end trying to set the values to properties - thought I could grab the values with Control.GetLabel(-80).index(1) of something similar but it doesn't work.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks.  Figured as much.  I was playing around with music videos, trying to improve some display, and it seemed like using filter might help, but I don't think it is really useful without giving user feedback on what filter rule is in effect.

scott s.
(2020-05-11, 06:02)scott967 Wrote: Thanks.  Figured as much.  I was playing around with music videos, trying to improve some display, and it seemed like using filter might help, but I don't think it is really useful without giving user feedback on what filter rule is in effect.

scott s.

edit:
The second method and more intetesting idea i have in mind is use a hidden button(allowhiddenfocus) or dialog (zorder 0)
Which wil be complicated but should work.

In that case its needed to compare the info label(s)
$INFO[System.CurrentControl] and/or the corresponding $INFO[System.CurrentControlID]

and set custom propertys maybe on label change and/or onunload (mediafilter)

Should work , but untested and will be a huge workarond.
( - first check defaults and set prop, check the prop on label change for each setting)

e.g.
xml:
<control type="button">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">string.isequal(system.currentcontrolid,-79)</visible>
<onfocus condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(label79_defaultlabel))">SetProperty(label79_defaultlabel,$INFO[system.currentcontrol],home)</onfocus>

</control>
<control type="button">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">string.isequal(system.currentcontrolid,-79) + !string.isempty(Window(home).Property(label79_defaultlabel))</visible>
<onfocus condition="!string.isequal(system.currentcontrol,Window(home).Property(label79_defaultlabel))">SetProperty(label79_returninglabel,$INFO[system.currentcontrol],home)</onfocus>

</control>
- return just changed props as label

(
But hey, the results dont need be be skinned as localized strings ;-) )
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
@mardukL - I already tried that. Unfortunately it only works for the couple of filters that use sliders (e.g. Ratings, Year).

It won't work for any of the filters that are buttons or edit controls - which are most of them. Anything where the value is in label2 won't work.
e.g. for Genres is only shows "Genre [#]" and doesn't actually show the selected genres.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-05-12, 14:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: @mardukL - I already tried that. Unfortunately it only works for the couple of filters that use sliders (e.g. Ratings, Year).

It won't work for any of the filters that are buttons or edit controls - which are most of them. Anything where the value is in label2 won't work.
e.g. for Genres is only shows "Genre [#]" and doesn't actually show the selected genres.

Just an idea, but what is if you 'extend' the set prop actions into (selectdialog) with container id=3 (inside focusedlayout) as hidden button

id 1 labelHeading label
id 3 used container

135 = Genre (unsure if it is the correct localized string value id)

BUT I SAW BY WRITING THAT IT'LL NOT WORTH TO DOING SO IF YOU DONT WANNA LIMIT RESULTS (by thinking about all the possible tag 'n' Genre Iems)  :-(

e.g.
xml:
<control type="button">
    <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible>
    <onfocus condition="String.IsEqual(GetLabel(1),$LOCALIZE[135]) + ListItem.IsSelected">SetProperty(stored_genre_item1,$INFO[ListItem.Label],home)</onfocus>
    <onfocus condition="String.IsEqual(GetLabel(1),$LOCALIZE[135]) + ListItem.IsSelected + !String.IsEqual(Window(home).Property(stored_item1),$INFO[ListItem.Label])">SetProperty(stored_genre_item2,$INFO[ListItem.Label],home)</onfocus>
</control>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to get the container advanced filter params that are in effect?0