How to control Kodi from Desktop?
I use Ubuntu and Windows. Are there Apps to control Kodi?
Play/Pause/Send links/Send Files
You can use the Kore Remote app in Android or something similar in the Apple store, or use the web remote via a web browser using port 8080 (default) for starters...
How do you mean "send links/files" ?
you can try the application which works well under Ubuntu (I use it to control KODI on Raspberry PI3)
(2020-05-12, 12:27)raydac Wrote: you can try Kodi Video Server which works well

Shamelessly advertising your own tool is one thing, but controlling Kodi and file serving are two different things in my book.
Since the question was about control from desktop mentioning the many Android app remotes such as Yatse, Music Pump, Kore etc. than run on phones and tablets isn't much help. That leaves using the web interface (Chorus 2), and so no shame whtsoever in offering something FREE that you have developed yourself that runs on the platforms asked about. Have not tried it so can not offer any endorsement, but don't let my team colleague put you off trying. Smile
(2020-05-12, 12:27)raydac Wrote: you can try the application which works well under Ubuntu (I use it to control KODI on Raspberry PI3)
Nice tool, especially the screencast part.

But I need a tool to only control without having the TV in sight. I need to see current playing content, pause, play or skip, and may send a simple link/file to it.

Your tool is nice but at moment I need to see the TV to be able to control Kodi. I use Kodi in most cases where I do not sit in front of the TV. I use it to distribute music at home.
Chorus is nice but it contains to many, and handling with a browser is not my goal. I would prefer either a Windows Taskbar applet and/or a gnome-shell applet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to control Kodi from Desktop?0