XBOX All Add-ons Fail, Even on Fresh Install
Hello, I am using version 18.6 on an XBOX One S. Usually, Kodi works beautifully. However, ever since the 18.6 update, no add ons will install.

When attempting to install an add-on, I get a simple "installation failed" message. Most recently, I received this message when attempting to install something as common as the YouTube 6.8.0 add-on after a fresh Kodi install. No add-ons have installed since.

Any ideas? Not sure if I can or how to post a log from the XBOX, but I'd be more than happy to if it is explained and would help resolve the issue.
Excuse the double post, I do not see an edit option..I should clarify that these failures so not start immediately. During the above example, I installed the following addons successfully:

Up Next
OpenSubtitles
AutoSubs

I then attempted to install YouTube, and it gave the "installation failed" message, with no further information, and every add-on install attempt since has failed.

This is how it had been since the update. A few will install, and then nothing...
(2020-05-11, 03:50)LameLock Wrote: Any ideas? Not sure if I can or how to post a log from the XBOX, but I'd be more than happy to if it is explained and would help resolve the issue.
Use the Kodi Log Uploader... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Add...e_Uploader

Make sure you enable debug mode in Settings>System>Logging restart Kodi, and try to install those addons. Then upload the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Unfortunately, Kodi Logfile Uploader (Team Kodi - 0.5.0) fails to install too.

I had previously gotten Log Viewer for Kodi to install, and attempted to view the log locally, but ofc it gives an error, ironically, telling me to see the log for more information...
(2020-05-11, 04:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 03:50)LameLock Wrote: Any ideas? Not sure if I can or how to post a log from the XBOX, but I'd be more than happy to if it is explained and would help resolve the issue.
Use the Kodi Log Uploader... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Add...e_Uploader

Make sure you enable debug mode in Settings>System>Logging restart Kodi, and try to install those addons. Then upload the log.

I finally got the uploader to install after a dozen restarts..

Https://paste.kodi.tv/emesuyoyet
Thanks @LameLock

I have looked through the logs and don't see any errors installing addons. I see the following are already installed on your system...
  • service.autosubs v1.0.0 installed
  • service.subtitles.opensubtitles v5.0.16 installed
  • service.upnext v1.1.0 installed
  • plugin.video.youtube v6.8.0 installed

I then see that the following were installed without issue...
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.chardet has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.idna has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.certifi has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.requests has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.kodi.loguploader has been installed.

Are you still having problems installing addons?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi

I am a very new Kodi user and I experience exactly what LameLoc describes: After a very short period of time in which I can install add-ons, all installation of add-ons will fail with just 'installation failed' message.
Things I have tried are numerous restarts and reinstalls. Most of the time I only manage to install one add-on, before the 'installation failed' messages begin.
I run Kodi on a new raspberry pi 4 (2G) with 16G card.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Hello Karellen,

Thank you for your reply. I tried a different (8gb) card and not it works.
Although I am still wondering what went wrong, I'll leave it at this.
thanks again for your reply.
(2020-05-11, 03:50)LameLock Wrote: Hello, I am using version 18.6 on an XBOX One S. Usually, Kodi works beautifully. However, ever since the 18.6 update, no add ons will install.

When attempting to install an add-on, I get a simple "installation failed" message. Most recently, I received this message when attempting to install something as common as the YouTube 6.8.0 add-on after a fresh Kodi install. No add-ons have installed since.

Any ideas? Not sure if I can or how to post a log from the XBOX, but I'd be more than happy to if it is explained and would help resolve the issue.
Did you got any fix? Same problem for me... And I don't even know how to get the .log file since Xbox doesn't have an explorer.
See all the numerous other threads in this section - Kodi on XBox is currently broken.

We're working on getting 19.2 out to resolve things, but nothing to do until then. Hopefully we can get it done very soon, although it will be Matrix/Python3.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-10-02, 17:29)Kopfkissenbezug Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 03:50)LameLock Wrote: Hello, I am using version 18.6 on an XBOX One S. Usually, Kodi works beautifully. However, ever since the 18.6 update, no add ons will install.

Did you got any fix? Same problem for me... And I don't even know how to get the .log file since Xbox doesn't have an explorer.

Use file manager on kodi and browse to log file location and copy it to a usb thats how I get the log files from kodi on xbox
Hello, I am using version 18.9 on an XBOX One. Usually, Kodi works beautifully. However, ever since 2 days ago no add ons will install, no updating addons that is already installed.

I was looking every place, forum, sites and so on. No response or no knowledge about this errors. I also can't send data log because the same error-

Any ideas or an walkthrough? I'd be more than happy to if it is explained.
Kodi is down on xbox..

Were all having same issues
(2020-05-11, 06:01)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @LameLock

I have looked through the logs and don't see any errors installing addons. I see the following are already installed on your system...
  • service.autosubs v1.0.0 installed
  • service.subtitles.opensubtitles v5.0.16 installed
  • service.upnext v1.1.0 installed
  • plugin.video.youtube v6.8.0 installed

I then see that the following were installed without issue...
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.chardet has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.idna has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.certifi has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.module.requests has been installed.
  • CAddonDatabase: script.kodi.loguploader has been installed.

Are you still having problems installing addons?

Hy, i was reading your response but in my case when i said in my last post, nothing is working!!!? I've tried uninstall and install kodi but nothing work... it's seem to me that is general, they must had shutdown everything that include addons it self .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All Add-ons Fail, Even on Fresh Install0