How can i clone my Library with UPnP ?
Hi,

i have 2 firestick:

1 - Firestick 4k with microsd and large library
2 - Firestick not 4k without any external storage

Library is so large, so can get out of space, without another microsd, adaptor etc...

I wish to use my library in firestick 4k, into Firestick not 4k, without use storage in firestick not 4k, because have only 4gb free.

How is possible?

UPnP doesn't works good, because i can't have in home page or example, any movies recently added, last viewed, etc.... isn't the same between firesticks.

There is a way? Plugin i don't know...

Or needed a mount folder in lan ? so i should mount userdata kodi folder from firestick 4k that have large library, ( and i don't know how to ), and config in firestick not 4k, userdata folder, in this mount?

Any solutions would be appreciated
UPnP has, in my opinion, never been a decent solution for sharing metadata to multiple Kodi setups.
I'd go for a MySQL/MariaDB solution, which can run on a simple Raspberry Pi already.
How "large" is that library?
(2020-05-11, 16:09)Klojum Wrote: UPnP has, in my opinion, never been a decent solution for sharing metadata to multiple Kodi setups.
I'd go for a MySQL/MariaDB solution, which can run on a simple Raspberry Pi already.
How "large" is that library?
Hi,

in first, thanks to read my issue and find free time to help me.

My library is with 80.000 contents, between movies and tv show,so very large, also if you consider thumbnails, that the worst part of that, also when kodi loading them.

I have a raspberry in my lan, i didn't have pro skills in linux, but with a tutorial, if is possibile, i can do that, i have hardware anyway.

How can you think is better do that ? also because i don't know how to export from firestick to rpi, and from rpi to another firestik.

Thanks for the support
(2020-05-11, 23:11)robertus Wrote: I have a raspberry in my lan, i didn't have pro skills in linux, but with a tutorial, if is possibile, i can do that, i have hardware anyway.
I would suggest at least a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (with a bit overclock) to keep things rolling on. Things will fly on a RPi 4B, and it would be good file server option because the USB3.0 and gigabit options.
On the other hand, a slower RPi would be a good first run. Just see if things work at all. Make sure you have a Class 10 sdcard.
You can install Raspbian on your RPi (which version do you have anyway?) and then install MariaDB. I'm sure there are plenty tutorials on that to be found on the interwebs.
Then setting up MySQL/MariaDB for Kodi can be found in the Kodi Wiki.

(2020-05-11, 23:11)robertus Wrote: My library is with 80.000 contents, between movies and tv show,so very large, also if you consider thumbnails, that the worst part of that, also when kodi loading them.
80,000 "entries" is peanuts for any database. Wink
Thumbnails being stored on a Raspberry Pi is an Achilles heel. But mainly it's because of the crappy write speeds of the SD card.
An Raspberry Pi 3B+ can boot from USB, so also from an SSD in a USB case. That'll help.
(2020-05-11, 23:27)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 23:11)robertus Wrote: I have a raspberry in my lan, i didn't have pro skills in linux, but with a tutorial, if is possibile, i can do that, i have hardware anyway.
I would suggest at least a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (with a bit overclock) to keep things rolling on. Things will fly on a RPi 4B, and it would be good file server option because the USB3.0 and gigabit options.
On the other hand, a slower RPi would be a good first run. Just see if things work at all. Make sure you have a Class 10 sdcard.
You can install Raspbian on your RPi (which version do you have anyway?) and then install MariaDB. I'm sure there are plenty tutorials on that to be found on the interwebs.
Then setting up MySQL/MariaDB for Kodi can be found in the Kodi Wiki.
(2020-05-11, 23:11)robertus Wrote: My library is with 80.000 contents, between movies and tv show,so very large, also if you consider thumbnails, that the worst part of that, also when kodi loading them.
80,000 "entries" is peanuts for any database. Wink
Thumbnails being stored on a Raspberry Pi is an Achilles heel. But mainly it's because of the crappy write speeds of the SD card.
An Raspberry Pi 3B+ can boot from USB, so also from an SSD in a USB case. That'll help. 
I have a rpi3 overclocked at 1300mhz, with boot from an ssd usb 120gb.

So i guess that performance should be good. I hope to do that.

I didn't have any linux skills, so should be hard eheh

Thanks
I have a little question

because i didn't understand if i can do that.

Because i don't have mkv in my local network.

I have only .strm files from google drive, from google drive addon in kodi ( firestick 4k ), and i store them into  a firestick 4k folder.

So i scraper them with kodi and i have all information about movies and tv show.

I can create mariadb and do that with other kodi ?

Or isn't possible with .strm files?
(2020-05-12, 00:53)robertus Wrote: Or isn't possible with .strm files?

Hmpf... 80,000 stream files only, for movies and tv shows? How large is that Google Drive account?!

If it's possible with strm files, I wouldn't know because I don't use such files myself. I do see from time to time that file entries or links from the Youtube add-on some other IPTV add-on are also ending up in the video database. However, those streams are in my case not holding any metadata like movies and tvshows do.

So I guess for now there is only one way to find out: just try it and see what happens.
(2020-05-12, 09:13)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 00:53)robertus Wrote: Or isn't possible with .strm files?

Hmpf... 80,000 stream files only, for movies and tv shows? How large is that Google Drive account?!

If it's possible with strm files, I wouldn't know because I don't use such files myself. I do see from time to time that file entries or links from the Youtube add-on some other IPTV add-on are also ending up in the video database. However, those streams are in my case not holding any metadata like movies and tvshows do.

So I guess for now there is only one way to find out: just try it and see what happens. 
No well, my Google drive is 70TB, so isn't possible have these contents in local. Too space need.

Google Addon and strm files are the best option, but if doesn't works with this mariadb and other stuff, it's a pity, and to have the same kodi in local, need to scraper and add storage to every kodi devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i clone my Library with UPnP ?0