• 8(current)
Animated TVSHOW posters
Loki (2021)

Legion (2017)

Lost in Space (2018)

Black Summer (2019)

Beavis and Butt-Head (1993)

(2021-06-16, 23:41)bennyhanna Wrote: Loki (2021)

Thankyou!
(2021-06-18, 01:46)bennyhanna Wrote: Black Summer (2019)

Thankyou!
(2021-06-16, 23:41)bennyhanna Wrote: Loki (2021)

Thankyou!
@Blackysb No need to thank bennyhanna via each animated poster... I'm sure he'll understand if you thank him just once. Wink Let's keep this a poster-thread only.
(2021-06-23, 13:32)Klojum Wrote: @Blackysb No need to thank bennyhanna via each animated poster... I'm sure he'll understand if you thank him just once. Wink Let's keep this a poster-thread only.

One of the reasons a contributor of some great posters gave up, is because he didn't feel like there was much interest and no one ever thanked him. So I'm happy to let someone know I'm grateful for their time and effort and for sharing.
There is the "Like it!" button (the little thumbs-up button on the left hand side of each post here) which is perhaps a less in-your-face way to show your appreciation.

Each of those will raise their reputation score by one point.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@Blackysb  You are welcome...and while I do appreciate the "thanks" very much, @Klojum  and @DarrenHill  are correct.
The "Like it!" button is a great way to thank someone Nod .  Also comments, suggestions and ideas are a great way to show interest and
provide inspiration.
I have recently upgraded my HTPC and poster file size isn't that much
of a concern for me any longer.

So I'll be posting animated pngs from now on.

*****To have animated pngs work in KODI you just need to change the extension from .png to .apng*****

Stargirl (2020) apng    3.4mb                                                                                                                        just for a comparison...animated webp   1.42mb (NOT supported in KODI)

Image                                Image

one last edit on this Laugh ...... I have also been messing about with the .avif format-NOT supported in KODI- (for this image that looks just like the 2 above ,same detail, 114kb in size)
however I can't find a image host that supports this format and it can really only be viewed in chrome at the moment but firefox support is coming.
...if anyone wants to check it out "https://www.mediafire.com/file/2j224rtwyd8hsji/stargirl.avifs.avif/file"
(2021-08-16, 02:53)bennyhanna Wrote: I have recently upgraded my HTPC and poster file size isn't that much
of a concern for me any longer.

So I'll be posting animated pngs from now on.
To have these work in KODI you just need to change the extension to .apng

Stargirl (2020)
Nice poster, like the definition of the image.  I was wondering if you had set a duration or number of loops for the poster?  I noticed it stops playing after awhile.  I'm using the Aeon skin with the Myflix library display, do you think that may have something to do with it?  I notice the image posted in the thread continues to play so I'm confused as to why its stops while in my library.  I've wanted to use .apng before but could never get them to work.  It appears you have figured it out so any insight you have would be helpful and appreciated.  Thanks.
@Klatue 
Thank you. 
I have been wanting to move away from gifs for a while and until animated webp support is available...apngs it is.

I used the same size conventions as in a gif "500x713".
I always try to keep the frame count at 15-20, (this one has 15)
Exported from AE as png sequence, and assembled in "Apngasm" with 0/10 delay and "play indefinitely", compression settings "7zip  15 iterations"

I have been experimenting with apngs for some time and they play just fine.  I use Latt's MQ8 MutiMod with kodiflix view.

I do remember having to change the views xml for apng to work (but I think that was just for other art like "logos") and I changed all background ="true"
statements to background="false".

Side-note : I also have all my storage drives mapped in my htpc and use those mapped drives as my sources, which allows me to store the animated
files in the movie or tv show folder.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated TVSHOW posters0