DVD Home Menu OSD
When pausing a DVD Rip, I've noticed there's no home/menu button.  I have now discovered that it's ctrl+shift+m, which is not on the keyboard shortcut list, however I am wondering why there's not a OSD for this, given there is for almost everything else!

Plot, actors, bookmarks, player process info - they all seems less important than the home button.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2020-05-14, 13:46)wcndave Wrote: When pausing a DVD Rip, I've noticed there's no home/menu button.  I have now discovered that it's ctrl+shift+m, which is not on the keyboard shortcut list, however I am wondering why there's not a OSD for this, given there is for almost everything else!

Plot, actors, bookmarks, player process info - they all seems less important than the home button.

Any thoughts, I seem to recall this button used to exist - would this post be better in the skins section?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Maybe you should at least mention which skin you are using. As I know that that Home-Menu button for DVDs with menus I'm watching does exist on Estuary. So I guess we are not talking about Estuary in that case and I would love to stop guessing what you are using. Wink

So simply provide a Debug Log and we will see any info we need.
(2020-05-28, 00:25)DaVu Wrote: Maybe you should at least mention which skin you are using. As I know that that Home-Menu button for DVDs with menus I'm watching does exist on Estuary. So I guess we are not talking about Estuary in that case and I would love to stop guessing what you are using. Wink

So simply provide a Debug Log and we will see any info we need.

My apologies, and that it's been such a long time.  Lockdown and Covid have kept me super busy, so now just returning to my various projects.

I am using Estuary Mod,  I get this when using the menu button.

I switched to Estuary for a moment, and I see that this part is different, so it's not a Kodi issue, it's a skin issue.

I will raise it in that thread, although estuary mod seems unsupported right now, which is a shame as it added so many great little bits and pieces.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the long wait!
No problem. At least we could figure it out what causes your problem and maybe someone will contribute to that section of the skin. I guess it's not that hard to implement.
(2020-10-16, 22:10)DaVu Wrote: No problem. At least we could figure it out what causes your problem and maybe someone will contribute to that section of the skin. I guess it's not that hard to implement.

What I have done in the end is map to a button on universal remote.
The info and menu buttons have a purpose on almost every screen, however I use "guide" as a context menu button, so it's mapped to "c"
but, when playing a video, that doesn't offer anything, so I mapped that to DVD menu.

<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <backspace>Stop</backspace>
            <escape>Stop</escape>
            <c>PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</c>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

if you don't know the button, you're still stuck, however it's a lot better than nothing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Home Menu OSD0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.