Linux Kodi deleting TV show files once watched????
Hi
All of a sudden KODI running on Ubuntu 18.04, is deleting video source files once the show has been watched.

I'm looking for where this might have been turned on.

Any ideasHuh?

Thanks
(2020-05-15, 08:43)waddacrock Wrote: I'm looking for where this might have been turned on.

Kodi does not delete files or complete sources on its own. Period. Unless you perhaps installed some 3rd party "intelligent" add-on to do this?

You may have inadvertently changed the Filter option in the left slide-out menu in the TV Show listing from All videos to Unwatched.
(2020-05-15, 09:06)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-15, 08:43)waddacrock Wrote: I'm looking for where this might have been turned on.

Kodi does not delete files or complete sources on its own. Period. Unless you perhaps installed some 3rd party "intelligent" add-on to do this?

You may have inadvertently changed the Filter option in the left slide-out menu in the TV Show listing from All videos to Unwatched
Hide watched was on. Thanks for the heads up. I may have done that accidentally. I've switched that off now.

That leaves the missing files. I definitely have nothing installed to delete, move or manage  files. I do that externally.

I'll see what happens,,,

Cheers
(2020-05-15, 09:49)waddacrock Wrote: I definitely have nothing installed to delete, move or manage  files. I do that externally.

Externally deleting your files, and having Kodi to catch up (via library cleaning or whatever) is not the preferred way.
When you have enabled Kodi's delete option, then you can remove items from the library as well as from the source, thus there should be no confusion of files being deleted.
(2020-05-15, 10:26)Klojum Wrote: When you have enabled Kodi's delete option, then you can remove items from the library as well as from the source, thus there should be no confusion of files being deleted.
I found removing items using the on-screen menu arduous, so preferred to deal with them outside of Kodi then just have Kodi refresh its libraries.

Is there an easier/quicker way in the web panel? I haven't found one.
I just use total commander from my mobile and delete watched files. Then playing video can continue without disruption Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi deleting TV show files once watched????0