Landscape widgets don't use landscape art (even when setting is changed)
Hi there. Recently I tried to use landscape art on my landscape widgets, but even though I unchecked 'Prefer fanart for landscape widgets' it still displays regular fanart. It works flawlessly when browsing the landscape wall, but the widgets I can't get to work.

Anyone who had a similar problem?
Okay. Anybody that got it working?

EDIT: Poked around in the XML files and confirmed that the setting is indeed changed in the settings.xml, however it doesn't seem to change anything as the landscape widget still calls for a fanart in the Includes_Widgets.xml. Changing <texture background="true" diffuse="diffuse/widgetlandscape.png">$VAR[Image_Fanart]</texture> to landscape instead of Fanart for some reason results in no image being loaded even though changing it to Poster loads the Poster.

I have zero coding experience, so I probably missed something, but I can't get it to work.
Sad 
Same problem
Depending on if you're talking about Aura or AuraMod
Please report issues here:

https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura/issues

https://github.com/SerpentDrago/skin.auramod/issues

Might help if you post pictures of what you mean so that it's easier to understand and in turn faster to fix.

As well make sure you're on the most up to date version, same with dependencies.
What does the relevant line of code read in the landscape wall xml ?
Yep  just had a look , its pulling fanart and not landscape , can't find solution.
I really do suggest opening an issue in the subsequent skin's github.

But to help I would need to know which version, there are two in this sub:
Aura/AuraMod.

If it's AuraMod, Are you using Aura Homestyle or Netflix Homestyle?
Submenu or Regular widget? Tv Or Movie?
Widget Style? Landscape, LandscapeWide, LandscapePoster, LandscapeSmall, LandscapePanel, or LandscapeDetails.
Where is the widget pointed to?

Are all of your dependencies up to date? Is the skin up to date? Auramod was just updated 2 days ago.
Do you know about the new tmdbhelper art settings? What about metadatautils?
(the questions above are to sort out "errors" that can happen, since both skins rely pretty heavily on their dependencies)

By "It works flawlessly when browsing the landscape wall, but the widgets I can't get to work", I would assume you mean the main screen widgets.

"$VAR[Image_Fanart]</texture> to landscape instead of Fanart for some reason results in no image being loaded even though changing it to Poster loads the Poster."

Looks like it's a variable, I would assume it's not called "Image_Landscape" since nothing is coming up(there could be a sizing/locationonscreen issue)
Find where the variables are kept for landscape art, change the name to whatever the variables name is called.
An easy way to do this, is search in the same file that has "Image_Fanart" in it.(or the includes of that file)
If it's all jargon to you, then use all the names until you find the one that works. lol (that's what I do)

If it still doesn't work, then either there is some other methodology for displaying landscape art or it's broken.
And should be officially reported to the skin, so that it can hopefully get fixed.

Sorry I can't help more, but without knowing which version you guys are running it makes it kinda difficult to find what you're talking about in the code to be able to try to help fix it.
Maybe if you could post a couples pictures of what you mean(how it looks where it's broken, and where it's not), that could fur sure help me narrow down where this is in the files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Landscape widgets don't use landscape art (even when setting is changed)0