[split] Vero 4K+ Review
(2020-05-16, 01:23)clarkss12 Wrote: This is from AdamG and all his surrogates that will attack you if you say something they don't like on their forum........

Nobody attacked you @clarkss12, you have it the wrong way round and you know exactly why you was kicked from our forum, trolling is not accepted on any forum.
I am focusing on the main point you made, which is the most serious.
That we are violating the GPL. Yet you have the source, and have had for months, so this is not the case.

The kernel commit history is not linear -- there are changes which are picked from AMLogic upstream. If we produced patches for you that excluded the AMLogic commit history and only included ours, then we would be shipping incomplete changes and this *would* be a violation of the GPL. What you've suggested isn't feasible. 

We do collaborate with other open source projects and will continue to do so. 
We are not violating the GPL. And I think you knew that before you started these posts.
(2020-05-16, 01:43)AdamG Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 01:23)clarkss12 Wrote: This is from AdamG and all his surrogates that will attack you if you say something they don't like on their forum........

Nobody attacked you @clarkss12, you have it the wrong way round and you know exactly why you was kicked from our forum, trolling is not accepted on any forum. 

Thank you for proving my point.......
That is nonsense because every time you do a new release then the source changes so how can you say we have had it for months?

You only made those files available publically after my post here and not before...

Having to request to make a GPL request for a project that is supposed to be open by nature is not a good look.

Honestly given the amount of patches that you have taken from CE and how much you have personally benefited from open-source work then the very least you could do is make the 3D support available as patch files, it's not a big ask and would take you all off a few minutes to cherry-pick it and at least then we can credit the author for their work.
(2020-05-16, 01:54)AdamG Wrote: That is nonsense because every time you do a new release then the source changes so how can you say we have had it for months?

You only made those files available publically after my post here and not before...

Having to request to make a GPL request for a project that is supposed to be open by nature is not a good look.

Honestly given the amount of patches that you have taken from CE and how much you have personally benefited from open-source work then the very least you could do is make the 3D support available as patch files, it's not a big ask and would take you all off a few minutes to cherry-pick it.
That is the latest build with the latest sources.
You didn't have that version for months, because it was published today.

The version that you downloaded at the time was up to date and you stated that you received it.

As I explained at the time, producing source tarballs was a manual and intense process, but we were working towards automating it. This is now automated, and like our 3.14 builds, these source packages are automatically generated at build time. That is what you are seeing on the APT Server now. I published that build today to provide new sources again. I did so, so you, and whoever wants to, can have access to those sources. If you had requested source code at any point again, it would have been provided in a timely manner. We don't require users to request source code as standard. We make the written offer with our physical product because users are not downloading the software and may not know their rights. 

Once again, 3D support is available with full Git history in the 3.14 repository.
And in the future, it will likely be visible for 4.9 too. For now, as I have explained, we have to negotiate this with AMLogic.

The last time I checked, CE was still using the OSMC kernel repository as a source for 3.14. I suspect we will continue to make a net positive impact to projects like CoreELEC for the foreseeable future.
It would be better for you to approach things with a better attitude and not make false statements. I am interested in solving technical issues, not arguing back and forth on a forum, which makes both of of our projects look bad.

Good night.
(2020-05-16, 01:43)AdamG Wrote: trolling is not accepted on any forum.

Good. Unfounded accusations, abuse, and fake news to name a few are also not acceptable on any forum.

This forum is a not a playground for fighting anyone's personal issues.

This thread will be closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Vero 4K+ Review0