KODI app on TV very slow to connect to shared drive on local network
Hi everyone, Here is  the issue. I have Kodi app on my TV ( Great) I have a shared folder on a pc dedicated to media. Every pc in the house can access and play no dramas. My tv has kodi installed and i have a connection to the shared folder. The issue is whn i turn on the TV it takes 5 sometimes 0 minutes to connect to this drive. As a test on the tv i then go straight to the DLNA services and connect to the drive straight away. The weird thing is if i do that, then kodi can also connect to the shared drive. But if i don't do this it can take kodi forever to connect. But once connected there are no dramas. I just use it to stream prerecorded tv. Is there a connection setting on Kodi app on the TV that can make this connection faster. Else i don't want to start using the standard DLNA offering on the TV as kodi has a much better interface.So it is the time kodi take to to connect to the shared folder which is the issue - way too long. I don't think it matters what tv it is because i have demonstrated that if i go through the standard DLNA section of the TV it connects straight away. Can anyone help ?
Ta Brisabane
I meant to say it takes 5 to 10 minutes to connect. A few spelling mistakes above
oh and by the way the shared drive is lan connected and the tv is lan connected to the same network. So no wifi just Rj45 straigth through
aNYONE ?
Thread moved to hardware as it's nothing to do with PVRs.

It sounds like your TV is "at fault" in that it seems to be taking a while to get its network connections up and running by itself. You doing the DLNA stuff is forcing it to do so, and once it's connected then everything flows on behind.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, no thats in correct because as stated in my post, i do a test by going straight to the DLNA connection straight after i turn on the TV and i can browse and play my media files instantly. Its not the TV. Then i try it with Kodi and it takes 5 to 10 minutes sometime 30 minutes to start seeing the files. so its not the TV.
This has nothing to do with hardware as i have proven it not to be. Does the above post make sense ? Ta. Brissy.
You're not using a PVR backend to view them, and Kodi does not handle the network stuff. That doesn't leave much other than hardware...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI app on TV very slow to connect to shared drive on local network0