Provider icons for weather addons
I have proposition to add support for weather provider icon packs.

For example, the Gismeteo provider has its own set of weather icons with 119 icons for different conditions. Icon names are generated as follows: [day|night|]_[cloudiness](0-3)_[rain][snow](0-3)_[storm]. I want use all of them, instead of the default icons list.

My proposition:
1. Create icon pack with provider icons. This package will be with the new type "weatherprovidericons", so it will not conflict with standard weather icon packs.
2. In the weather information, add the new "ProviderIcon" property, where will be a full path to the icon. For my example, is: "resource://resource.images.weatherprovidericons.gismeteo/d.c2.r1.png"
3. Change skins to support new property. Use provider icon, if it's defined, else the default icon is Kodi.

This solution will maintain compatibility with the default algorithm and improve additional support for provider icons.
Here is an example of resource package: resource.images.weatherprovidericons.gismeteo
Here are the necessary changes to the skin based on the "Confluence" skin: differences

What do you think about this?
My addons: Gismeteo
Added example for Estuary: differences
Gismeteo addon with support of provider icons can be installed from my repository
My addons: Gismeteo
(2020-08-17, 21:45)vl_maksime Wrote: Added example for Estuary: differences
Gismeteo addon with support of provider icons can be installed from my repository
I am trying install the icons. Under settings it says Install Gismeteo icons but when I click on it nothing happens. I am using the Estuary skin. Kodi is on a Raspberry Pi. How do I install them? Do I need a dependency? It says needs Kodi 16+ and skin support. I assume I have the skin support.
Download vl_maksime's repository (use the link provided), install it into Kodi with the 'install add-on from zip-file' action, then point it at the repo zip file you downloaded. You can then delve into the new repo and install the icons from the repo itself, manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Provider icons for weather addons0