Many Problems with Profiles and Aeon Nox Silvo
I've encountered many problems trying to set up a child profile for use with Aeon Nox Silvo.  Here's some of my experiences, hope for some tips.

Cloning the master profile

Created child profile, chose to copy the settings over.  I am aware it doesn't copy everything for various reasons, but I wanted to at least start with the same visual setup and playlists, and restrict from there.  So I copied over from main userdata: guisettings.xml, addon_data/script.skinshortcuts, addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo, playlists (and a couple other things).

Problem 1:  

With Login Screen enabled, there were numerous glitches.  The main problem being that the child profile just loads the default skin settings (despite above).  But also (randomly?) the whole skin settings are glitched (both on the master profile and the child profile).  Sometimes it is ok after multiple reboots, but then recur.  Also one of the home menu items shows no title text.  (black space between "games" and "system" in screen shot is supposed to say "Apps").  [possibly known issue?] Then, logout from the child profile hangs Kodi requiring hard reboot.

However, if Login screen is disabled, the correct skin settings (and shortcuts) load, and there are no glitches, and logout works (I think).  However

Problem 2:

Setting changes from one profile seem to then be applied to the other profile. (Could it be because I duplicated any of the above settings from the master profile?  I expected subsequent changes would stay separate.)  I tested this by just disabling the setting to always show the submenu (on the child profile).  But switching to the master profile, that setting was also disabled.  What's going on there?

It's very difficult to distinguish which profile is active. Is there some clear indicator? Or do you just need to go by the last login time?

Is there another way to properly accomplish what I want here?  Effectively start with a clone of the master profile (entire skin set-up and playlists) to then restrict?

Access to Favorites from Login Page

You can go to the power button at the bottom of the login page and navigate to Favorites.  That's a problem for using profiles to restrict content, obviously.  Please address this. (I was informed this is skin specific.)

×  ×

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many Problems with Profiles and Aeon Nox Silvo0