RF remote with HDMI CEC via Kodi to control volume of receiver
Hi,

I'm trying to get the following to work:
I currently have a Rii i13 remote (IR) with a Microsoft eHome IR receiver connected to a Windows 10 PC.
The HDMI of the PC is connected to my Onkyo HT-R659 receiver which is connected to my Samsung UE60H6200 HDMI input.

My current remote sends all 'remote side' buttons in IR to my Microsoft eHome receiver except for the power and volume up / down and mute buttons which are 'sent to' / received by my TV and from there via HDMI CEC to my Onkyo receiver.

I would like to replace my remote with a remote which also has all remote side buttons in RF (T3 type on AliExpress (I have the ENG with Mic with LED version)).
The only (important) buttons I would like to use in RF via HDMI CEC are the volume up and down (muting Kodi has the same effect as muting my receiver) and the power button is not important as it is normally used only twice a day and for that I can press an extra button to switch to IR, would be nice if it can be used via RF though.

Does anyone know if and how this can be done? Preferably direct from Kodi using HDMI CEC (maybe need Pulse Eight adapter?)
if this isn't possible I might take the route to use EventGhost or similar with the Onkyo plugin or IR blaster, anyone with experience in that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RF remote with HDMI CEC via Kodi to control volume of receiver0