"Home Movies" content type
I've been working on getting my home movies in the actual Kodi database for a bit now vs just navigating to a folder in the videos section... I asked in another thread about how to make a custom content type and it was pointed out that you can't but I was told about making Custom Home Items. So the custom home items work well with separating out the home movies from the movies and having two different lists. The biggest limitation is that when you creating the NFOs for the home movies neither Movies or TV Shows really work... I have a python script that extracts the metadata from the file and generates the NFO file so I have something like this:

xml:
<movie>
  <title>Puerto Vallarta - 2019-02-09 11:10 AM</title>
  <sorttitle>2019-02-09 11:10:01</sorttitle>
  <premiered>2019-02-09</premiered>
  <set>
    <name>Puerto Vallarta - Hotel</name>
  </set>
  <tag>Osmo Pocket</tag>
</movie>

(It this case I'd home multiple sets so like "Puerto Vallarta - Hotel" &  "Puerto Vallarta - Beach" if I have too many clips for one set)

That works pretty well... but I'd really like an event name field, location name, event date & time (premiered only supports a date), Camera Type, instead of actors it should be people...

I also tried creating it as a TV Show but that requires me to rename all my files using the Season/Episode nomenclature and also it doesn't have episode level tags. 

Anyway there was a thread about this in 2016 but I thought it was worth bringing up again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Home Movies" content type0