Win Skip back/forward button dual functionality - Need help to get it to work
Video 
Hi all.
 I seem to recall that on WMC I could use the Skip Back/Forward buttons (just below Play button) on the RC6 Remote buttons for three functions
  1. Skip back/forward 10, 30, 60 … for Recorded playback
  2. Skip back/forward 10, 30, 60 … for Live TV playback
  3. Guide back forward 0.5 days

Since switching to Kodi (many years back) I lost that functionality … so I thought I would make another pass at trying to get it to work. Now I have mapped the
  1. Skip buttons to the Guide
  2. Channel down/up to recorded video skip back/forward
  3. Live TV skip – unable to map?

Is there a way to make the Skip back/forward (or the channel up/down) buttons control both Live and Recorded TV skipping?

I am using EventGhost? If there is a way, can you please give me an idea of what path to follow to get it to work (or a link)? Thanks in advance for any help. 
(2020-05-19, 02:44)Aussie Wrote: Live TV skip – unable to map?
Boy would I love to be able to just skip ahead over those commercials... but alias live broadcast TV doesn't cache ahead. Some of this skipping is skin and processor dependant. Apples & Oranges... Kodi isn't WMC you might be better of with a media keyboard controller. Using an MCE remote control in Windows (wiki)
(2020-06-30, 21:41)PatK Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 02:44)Aussie Wrote: Live TV skip – unable to map?
Boy would I love to be able to just skip ahead over those commercials... but alias live broadcast TV doesn't cache ahead. Some of this skipping is skin and processor dependent. Apples & Oranges... Kodi isn't WMC you might be better of with a media keyboard controller. Using an MCE remote control in Windows (wiki)
Thanks for the response. Concur ... Kodi is not WMC. I generally worked out how to get things working by using additional buttons on the remote. For example, I don't change channels with the CH+/- keys, so I use the CH button skip forward and backward on Live TV. Additionally, the Live TV skip functionality now requires (maybe changed some time ago) configuration of NextPVR to allow time-shifting. This change may have occured more than a year back ... but with time-shifting enabled I can now skip on Live TV too. Overall a pretty good system ... for free
Moving this post to > PVR & Live TV Support where people knowledgeable with NextPVR to allow time-shifting.
For NextPVR the user is correct, the default is no timeshifting but it can be enabled easily enough in setting.  For the actual skipping it uses standard Kodi key command so any instructions on configuration should work.

Martin
Thanks all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip back/forward button dual functionality - Need help to get it to work0