• 3(current)
Mod Artic Zephyr 2 pkscout mod
(2020-05-31, 03:40)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 20:06)plonster76 Wrote: hi pkscout,
i see a big gap between the title and the description on the PVR widgets. for example Last Played Channels. I'm using the Enigma2 PVR client. other widgets like TV shows or Movies work fine, there i see ratings and other informations.

any chance that you can fix this?

there are also the letters "N/A".

maybe you can take a look.

It's not really something to be fixed.  That particular widget layout tends to have more space between the graphic and the text, and it's made more apparently by channel logos that have transparent backgrounds (you don't actually see the complete size of the channel logo).  The N/A is because (at least from what I can tell) the PVR addons aren't supplying a year for the show in question, at least not someplace the skin is expecting it.  That's not necessarily surprising, as PVR data tends to live in a special place all it's own, and the widgets have to be designed to handle different sources.  I suspect most other sources provide the information in a consistent way, which leaves the widget displaying N/A if you use it for PVR stuff.  That's a core skin issue and should be reported in the Arctic Zephyr 2 thread.  As I've said before, it is not my intent for this to become the mod that contains every bug fix or feature request that hasn't been addressed.

hello yeah that's ok of course... i just asked because everything is displayed correctly in arctic horizon.

anyway, the reason why i want to use arctic zephyr are the different media views and the skin feels more responsive on my device.
Great skin and mods. Anyone know how to do a full backup (including own thumbnails,etc)? Tried Aftermath Wizard and pasting  thumbnails into data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata but they still don't show.
Hi.

Many thanks for the Matrix version - I was hoping AZ2 would live on!

Just completed a clean install on the latest Matrix nightly for some initial testing.Just found one thing so far.

When I try to access the PVR TV Guide Kodi crashes with the following error "PVR::CGUIEPGGridContainerModel::GetGridItemPtr: Requested EPG tag (0, 6) outside grid boundaries!"

I've tested using Estuary and the TV Guide displays ok.

Thanks for your efforts.
Hi - one further comment re. skin.helper

I used skin.helper.widgets to create a "Next Episodes" menu item that I found worked well on Kodi 18. I created a custom library node that accessed the widget. I found a version of skin.helper.widgets at https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...er.widgets that installed on Matrix and the menu item still works.

Also, I've installed the  skin.helper.service modules from here as I was using it for PVR artwork but get an error. I think this is due to the cherrypy modulenot being compatible with Matrix.

Thanks again
Hi - me again.

I just re-read the original post about your mods. I can't see the settings section where these can be disabled/enabled anywhere. Probably me being dumb!

EDIT. please ignore. I see your note about your mods in the matrix version.
(2020-07-02, 10:01)berkhornet Wrote: Hi - me again.

I just re-read the original post about your mods. I can't see the settings section where these can be disabled/enabled anywhere. Probably me being dumb!

EDIT. please ignore. I see your note about your mods in the matrix version.
That's wasn't you.  I need to (and will right after this) update the first post.  I made some of the mods "built-in" and moved the rest into the settings where to would go logically.  I've been preparing to submit them as pull requests to the main AZ2, and it didn't make sense to have them as a separate group of settings.
(2020-07-02, 09:49)berkhornet Wrote: Hi - one further comment re. skin.helper

I used skin.helper.widgets to create a "Next Episodes" menu item that I found worked well on Kodi 18. I created a custom library node that accessed the widget. I found a version of skin.helper.widgets at https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...er.widgets that installed on Matrix and the menu item still works.

Also, I've installed the  skin.helper.service modules from here as I was using it for PVR artwork but get an error. I think this is due to the cherrypy modulenot being compatible with Matrix.

Thanks again
Ah, well that's good news.  The only place I removed anything was in the settings (where it displays the dependency), so as you've discovered, it will kind of work if manually installed.  I'll add some instructions in the first post on getting that version for testing purposes and then see what makes sense to add back.  To you know if that group is working on the skin helper backup stuf too?  That's a separate addon that was by the same author.
(2020-07-02, 17:51)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 09:49)berkhornet Wrote: Hi - one further comment re. skin.helper

Thanks again
Ah, well that's good news.  The only place I removed anything was in the settings (where it displays the dependency), so as you've discovered, it will kind of work if manually installed.  I'll add some instructions in the first post on getting that version for testing purposes and then see what makes sense to add back.  To you know if that group is working on the skin helper backup stuf too?  That's a separate addon that was by the same author.

There are versions of several skin.helper related addons that gave been updated for matrix. most of the activity seems to gave been in May this year. But a crucial missing element seems to be a matrix compatible version of cherrypy.
(2020-07-02, 09:28)berkhornet Wrote: Hi.

Just completed a clean install on the latest Matrix nightly for some initial testing.Just found one thing so far.

When I try to access the PVR TV Guide Kodi crashes with the following error "PVR::CGUIEPGGridContainerModel::GetGridItemPtr: Requested EPG tag (0, 6) outside grid boundaries!"

Thanks for your efforts.

Did a little more investigation and found that the TV Guide in Arctic Horizon on Matrix works fine as well. I did a compare of the AZ2 and Arctic Horizon xml files related to the epg.grid and couldn’t see anything obviously different. And that’s where my limited knowledge ends [emoji3]
(2020-07-02, 19:35)berkhornet Wrote:

Thanks for your efforts.

Did a little more investigation and found that the TV Guide in Arctic Horizon on Matrix works fine as well. I did a compare of the AZ2 and Arctic Horizon xml files related to the epg.grid and couldn’t see anything obviously different. And that’s where my limited knowledge ends [emoji3]
Well, the good news is that I can duplicate the problem.  The bad news is you and I know about the same amount about the EPG part of skinning.  I'll see what I can figure out, but in the meantime, just don't do that.  '-)
I started a list of known issues on the first post for Matrix.  So far the two I have are both related to PVR, and I can't figure out what's causing them.  I suspect without some assistance that will be the end of AZ2 on Matrix for me.  As a backup plan, I'm taking another look at Arctic Horizon (which does work in Matrix with just a dependency change for xbmc.gui) to see what I might need to add to that to make it work for me.
(2020-07-02, 19:45)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:35)berkhornet Wrote:

Thanks for your efforts.

Well, the good news is that I can duplicate the problem.  The bad news is you and I know about the same amount about the EPG part of skinning.  I'll see what I can figure out, but in the meantime, just don't do that.  '-)
It's the "defaultcontrol" in MyPVRGuide.xml. It has to be 50 instead of 10.
(2020-07-03, 02:44)puenktchen Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:45)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:35)berkhornet Wrote: Did a little more investigation and found that the TV Guide in Arctic Horizon on Matrix works fine as well. I did a compare of the AZ2 and Arctic Horizon xml files related to the epg.grid and couldn’t see anything obviously different. And that’s where my limited knowledge ends [emoji3]
It's the "defaultcontrol" in MyPVRGuide.xml. It has to be 50 instead of 10.
And we have a winner!  @puenktchen if I could have liked that post more than once I would have.  '-)  That seems to have fixed my PVR guide issues, so I pushed an update out to my repo with the change.  Let's see if that does it for other folks.  I've also updated the first post to show no known issues.  That doesn't mean there aren't any, it's just that i don't know about them.
Great news about the EPG fix.

The EPG is working for me!
Having got the EPG working, I investigated further.

In Matrix, the ability to set reminders was added. Based on the Estuary skin, the following changes add a "Reminder" icon to the EPG

1. Insert the following into Includes_View_50_List.xml at line 903:

<control type="image" id="2">
                <aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
                <top>5</top>
                <width>517</width>
                <height>24</height>
                <texture colordiffuse="$PARAM[fgcolor]">indicator/reminder.png</texture>
                <visible>ListItem.HasReminder</visible>
                <visible>$PARAM[visible]</visible>
            </control>

2. Add a reminder icon to the media/indicator folder. I have a created an icon and can send to you.

If you want to include this, and some other similar changes I've seen, into your skin mod let me know
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artic Zephyr 2 pkscout mod0