Solved [v19] Locked out of Kodi :/
So I just updated Kodi to the latest build and now it no longer allows me to connect via my iPad remote over the LAN. I have it installed on a server running Ubuntu 18.04.

You have previously enabled the web interface without setting up a password. the web server has been disabled until you either explicitly allow this or set up authentication. Please review your settings.

...which is sort of difficult as I can no longer access the server except via SSH. Confused

I looked on the documentation wiki but I'm not finding anything helpful about this. This page appears to be out of date (the content of guisettings.xml is different), and doesn't explain how to set a password from the settings files.

I'm instructed to set esallinterfaces, webserver, and zeroconf to be true in advancedsettings.xml. They are already true.

So now what?
Kodi running on which OS? Which 'latest build'?
(2020-05-19, 09:30)mcelliott Wrote: Kodi running on which OS? Which 'latest build'?

As mentioned, Ubuntu server 18.04.

Latest build means 2:19.0+git20200518.0306-424b9316b5-0bionic.
this might do the trick...

change this setting in guisettings.xml from:
Code:
<setting id="services.webserverpassword" default="true"></setting>
to
Code:
<setting id="services.webserverpassword">1234</setting>

then restart kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
btw, also check if the webserver is still enabled:
Code:
<setting id="services.webserver">true</setting>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-05-19, 11:35)ronie Wrote: btw, also check if the webserver is still enabled:
Code:
<setting id="services.webserver">true</setting>
Thanks, friend — changing those settings did the trick!!

Could be good to update the Wiki, as I might not be the only one who will trip over this. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[v19] Locked out of Kodi :/0