Solved How do I appeal unfair (in my opinion) warning points?
I was "granted" permanent warning points by @ronie  for a post that in my opinion does not deserve it.
Aforementioned team member has private messages disabled so I can not contact him directly.
How can I appeal or discuss this?

Here I copy the message I was going to send him:

I would like to discuss _permanent_ warning points for https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2950253 ,
your opinion of this post not being respectful is wrong (in my opinion), other mods who read the post before you ignored it and even one of your team members upvoted my post ... I care not about "likes" but it just proves my point that this post not being "respectful" _is_ matter of personal opinions.
No offense wan intended, my opinion was stated. Period.
As you could see from my forum history it's my first warning on this forums and for years I was trying to help other users if I could and supported Team Kodi in all the possible ways I could.

I would appreciate complete removal of warning points if possible or at least setting a reasonable expiration date.
Thank you.
They expire after a while anyway, just forget about it & move on. You'll do yourself no favours continuing to argue about it.
(2020-05-19, 15:45)asavah Wrote: discuss _permanent_ warning points for 2950253
From my point of view it was a personal attack, which has no place in this forum. Attitude, squabbles and personal attacks can invoke warning points as a reminder of what this forum is all about, keeping it civil.
(2020-05-19, 15:45)asavah Wrote: not being "respectful" _is_ matter of personal opinions
No it's in the rules we all follow Official:Forum rules (wiki) specifically '2.1 General conduct' rules 1 thru 3. You are still a member in good standing, the warning tag merely a reminder of previous conduct. I don't see "private messages disabled" as an issue, the forum should be the place of open discussion.

@ronie is known as a straight shooter and fair hand, commands large respect by the forum users and is likely aware of your appeal, suggest this issue be laid to rest until such time a bureaucratic review is taken and that might be determined by your behaviour.
@asavah - Warnings are currently permanent here, unless manually removed by a moderator or admin.

Look back at what you posted, basically telling someone they are not worthy of their name is interpretable as bullying or as a personal attack. That is what the warning was for.

I think the simplest route from this would be if you are willing to apologise in the original thread for that and take it as a learning point, then the matter can be considered closed and the warning lifted.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill I will not apologize for something that I feel not I'm actually guilty, as I said no offense was intended, it was written to point out that the OP does not act as a "true linux user" - he doesn't try to figure out and fix the problem but runs away from it EDIT: and btw my response was triggered by OPs aggression at another user's perfectly valid and polite answer.
As I already said if you at look at all my posts you will see that at least 90% of them I was trying to help fellow users.
If unfair warning is not lifted I'd rather reconsider, unwillingly, trying to help others on this forums.
(2020-05-19, 18:59)PatK Wrote: suggest this issue be laid to rest until such time a bureaucratic review is taken and that might be determined by your behaviour. 
So my behavior for years before the "incident" has not being taken into account, I see ...
Great way to support the community members whu supported the team for years ...
(2020-05-19, 20:20)asavah Wrote: So my behavior for years before the "incident" has not being taken into account, I see ...
If I drive my car too fast, even for the first time, no matter how long I have my driver's license already, I'm still gonna get a ticket.

(2020-05-19, 20:20)asavah Wrote: Great way to support the community members whu supported the team for years ...
I don't see this being about supporting the team. This was about the interaction between two forum members.
The warning has been reviewed by the moderator team. The consensus is that the original action was unacceptable and amounted to a personal attack, as previously noted. Thus the warning at the moment will remain in place.

However the warning was placed on the expectation that it would expire, but on the current arrangement that will not happen. So it has been adjusted, and will now expire in two weeks time.

Whilst your actions in support of other members are appreciated, it does not mean that the rules apply any less, and indeed a senior and active member who deals with newer community members should know this. No offense may not have been the intent, but from a third party viewpoint it could easily be interpreted quite differently.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-05-19, 20:56)Klojum Wrote: If I drive my car too fast, even for the first time, no matter how long I have my driver's license already, I'm still gonna get a ticket. 
Speeding ticket is based on empiric measurement and speed limit defined by law.

While what is or is not respectful is purely based on context and opinion.
I'll repeat for nth time - no offense was intended at all and no curse words were used, just a pun based on users nickname and behaviour, thats all.

Now couldn't I consider that mods are not being respectful by slapping me with a warning for a non-existing offense and feel offended myself by such injustice?
(2020-05-19, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote:  So it has been adjusted, and will now expire in two weeks time.

Thank you, that's more than enough, appreciate it.
Sorry for wasting the time of all the participants but I really felt that perm warning was too much for a pun.
Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I appeal unfair (in my opinion) warning points?0