Bug 5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 4
(2020-06-22, 22:04)popcornmix Wrote: I have a test firmware here that may help with the mixed channel issue.
If you are affected can you test it? Use the files from the zip file to replace start.elf/fixup.dat on the boot partition of sdcard.
Let me know if it helps.

Note: On Libreelec you need to rename start4.elf to start.elf and fixup4.dat to fixup.dat (i.e. replace existing files).
Thanks for the updated firmware! It has completely resolved the problem for me!

Before installing your updated firmware, the audio channels were coming out of the wrong speakers when playing content with 5.1 channel audio on my system. The mix-up of audio channels wasn't consistent and seemed to change each time I played a movie.

Since installing the firmware I've noticed that a few movies bypass Kodi's volume control and their audio channels come out at maximum volume no matter what setting volume I have in Kodi. However, this only affects a few movies and may have been present before I updated the firmware. One of these problematic movies is the "Living World of Audio 1" DTS demo file available at https://thedigitaltheater.com/dts-trailers/.

I have Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi 4 via Librelec which is connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX V375 reciever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 4 - by andypea - 2020-06-30, 05:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Surround issue after pausing Raspberry Pi 40