Sort by file date
Hi there,
I thought this was a simple question, but I can't find the way to do it...
I know you can sort by the date the files were scrapped or added to the database..., but I want to sort by the real file date.
I need this because, I have a network disc and suddenly it crashed and changed its IP address, so I have to scrape again the movie collection based on local information. So now I have the same collection (obvious), BUT the date in which the files were added to the database is now completely different.
The way to get back the previous order (well, sort of) is to use the real file creation date, which will be fine for me.
But I can't find that kind of sorting.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
(2020-05-20, 18:18)joie Wrote: I need this because, I have a network disc and suddenly it crashed and changed its IP address, so I have to scrape again the movie collection based on local information.

This is confusing to me. Does the network drive have its own DHCP server, or is it set to auto-DHCP in your local network?
If the latter is the case, then you should be able to set the IP address inside your router as per the MAC address of the network drive.

File creation dates shouldn't be important when you are scraping your videos anyway.
Or is this about home videos, and not movies/tvseries?
You can change which file datestamp to use via https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....y_settings
Learning Linux the hard way !!
That would be this one:
xml:

<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
(2020-05-20, 18:39)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 18:18)joie Wrote: I need this because, I have a network disc and suddenly it crashed and changed its IP address, so I have to scrape again the movie collection based on local information.

This is confusing to me. Does the network drive have its own DHCP server, or is it set to auto-DHCP in your local network?
If the latter is the case, then you should be able to set the IP address inside your router as per the MAC address of the network drive.

File creation dates shouldn't be important when you are scraping your videos anyway.
Or is this about home videos, and not movies/tvseries? 
I REALLY wish that was the case...
The device is a My Cloud Home disk and, the other way around the My Cloud devices, the My Cloud Home devices don't have that option, and everytime the disk initialize, the IP changes and I can't do anything about that. I asked in WD forum about that and they told that feature is NOT supported Sad

Anyway, thank you for the advance settings lines, I'll try that.
(2020-05-21, 03:08)joie Wrote: I asked in WD forum about that and they told that feature is NOT supported

It probably also uses the online WD network as well... I guess WD should stick to what they do best: making harddrives, period. Anything beyond that is handled according to none-standards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort by file date0