Stop Kodi from popping out quicknav menus into middle of interface?
Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of the setting(s) needed to make it so not so many of the quicknav and Main playing video, audio, and subtitle setting areas stop popping out into the interface...blocking the video playing view? Making it harder to make onscreen adjustments.

Eg: In library if I click on "Sort by" (Title, Year, Play count, etc.) a popout window comes out for me to choose. In the past the selection was made within the "Quicknav" menu with up/down arrows.

What.How do I set Kodi to make selections mostly in the "Quicknav" side menus like before?

Thanks
(2020-05-21, 02:24)MrGonzo Wrote: What.How do I set Kodi to make selections mostly in the "Quicknav" side menus like before?

You can use older versions of kodi (v16 / jarvis)... though I would not recommend doing so. Apart from that you're stuck because the move to pop-up dialogs for option selection is now an intrinsic and immutable change to core kodi.
I was just using v15.6 and wanted an upgrade.
Well that blows! What a stupid change because now these pop-out windows block the screen when watching...making it harder to make screen (ratio) adjustments and offset subtitles. Just plain stupid!
Give the quartz skin a look. Menu transparency is configurable so the skin does a decent job of letting you see the effect of those adjustments.
(2020-05-21, 23:01)MrGonzo Wrote: Well that blows!
What a stupid change because ...
Just plain stupid!

Take a deep breath first, before you start venting the next time.
I use, and will only ever use the Aeon Maddox custom skin....best by FAR!

It just makes no sense to me why most of these new skins do this pop-up window now. I understand the desire for change but to block the playing screen when one is trying to see the screen for adjustments makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. They should at least fix the pop-out window issue on the playing screen for these very reasons. Just saying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Kodi from popping out quicknav menus into middle of interface?0