HOW-TO Headless Kodi using lxd or docker!
Linking straight to GIT to keep changes current.

https://github.com/jmgibson1981/scripts/...dless-Kodi

*Update*

Added headless capability for Docker.  Git link.

https://github.com/jmgibson1981/scripts/...ocker/kodi
looks like a good guide and one I'd be interested in playing with.

One thing, in edit three you've written "The $REMOTE_PULSE_KODI variable should == the ip or fqdn of your pulse server target."

But I don't see a variable of this name in the scripts I've probably missed something...but hey figured worth mentioning
(2020-05-22, 13:57)littlejeem Wrote: looks like a good guide and one I'd be interested in playing with.

One thing, in edit three you've written "The $REMOTE_PULSE_KODI variable should == the ip or fqdn of your pulse server target."

But I don't see a variable of this name in the scripts I've probably missed something...but hey figured worth mentioning

You are correct. I've edited the post a few times as I've been refining things a bit and missed removing some things. My most recent adjustment was to pull the pulse server ip directly from the $PULSE_SERVER variable which eliminated the need for the extra config file & variable. I've fixed that part in the above post. Thank you for catching that.

*EDIT* I'm redoing this on my server right now. I'm seeing a problem with using that variable due to it not always being set unless that is intended goal. Might rewrite script to work for both.
Updated for Ubuntu 20.04 Focal.
ok, so this way we have no video output, but the memory and processor HP needed for rendering the interface is still there... couldn't it be possible, in a simple way, to add a 'null' window manager (as now we have the WindowSystemFactory) and simply revove the whole video output part?
i'm quite sure the old headless patches can be ported to 19 beta (i myself ported them to 19 alpha and used them until before the windowsystemfactory commit, on late october)
if someone is interested here you can find the patch for Git:20200920-7f6bf8fddd
That is above my pay grade but I don't see why it couldn't work. I never considered the overhead of the visuals as my server is a fair bit overpowered for what I do. Try it and report back. I've no doubt that others may be interested. Doesn't the VNC need that graphical part running, if only virtually?

I updated the op with my github page for the Readme. That way it keeps updated if and when I make changes automatically.
I've added a Docker setup for the headless audio player. Git link in OP post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Headless Kodi using lxd or docker!0