Displaying file names for videos
Hi,

I would like to display my videos as file names, not as the movie titles that the scraper found. From what I found out by googling, this should be possible if I navigate to the video folder via "Videos" instead of "Movies", but it isn't on my systems: If the library is enabled, the files are alwas displayed as movie names. The headline also switches from "Videos / Files" to "Movies / Movies".

The only way to display file names that I found is to completely delete the library, but then of course I also lose the plot descriptions (I could live with having an inaccurate plot description every now and then, but if the file name is also gone, then the movie is basically gone too).

So is there a way to display the videos as file names *and* show posters and plots?

Thanks!
PS: I have this issue under both Windows and Linux/LibreELEC and with both Estuary and OSMC skins.

(Is there no edit button?)
(2020-05-21, 11:21)JustinThyme Wrote: I would like to display my videos as file names,
2.2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Probably not, it's not a feature I've ever heard anybody want before. Why would you want a file name displayed rather than the Movie title, is there a specific use for this?

EDIT - Ah Karellen posted the answer Smile
(2020-05-21, 11:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 11:21)JustinThyme Wrote: I would like to display my videos as file names,
2.2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos 
Thanks for the reply.

Funny, I thought I tried that before... And it turns out, this works for Esturary, but not for the OSMC skin. So I guess it's a bug there... Guess I'll have to find another skin.
(2020-05-21, 11:39)FXB78 Wrote: Probably not, it's not a feature I've ever heard anybody want before. Why would you want a file name displayed rather than the Movie title, is there a specific use for this?

I already found two problems with the movie titles setting:

1. If the scraper gets the title wrong, the file is practically vanished - I would have to look through every file to find it. I don't expect the scraper to be perfect, but I can't be bothered to fiddle with the file names until the scraper gets all of them right. As I said before, I can live with the occasional incorrect plot description and poster, as long as I can still determine the correct title through the file name.

2. The movie title is always in English, not in the movie's original language.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying file names for videos0