Genre Icons missing/not showing properly
This is probably a simple fix, but i'm fairly new at all this Pi stuff with Kodi and haven't been able to resolve it.  When I go to Genre all the genre icons are blank.  This is on Aeon MQ 8 (fresh install today)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqa4psyprs3fjg...s.jpg?dl=0
The Genres name only in English, appears if the image name is exactly the same available in the Kodi database.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-05-21, 18:33)Wanilton Wrote: The Genres name only in English, appears if the image name is exactly the same available in the Kodi database.

Ok, so shouldn't it work on a fresh install then or are they wrong in the code for the Aeon theme?
(2020-05-21, 19:10)DarkEther Wrote: Ok, so shouldn't it work on a fresh install then or are they wrong in the code for the Aeon theme?

You just need to name the genre files the same name like your genres are. It depends on your language!

e.g. The english genre is "Crime" and the standard genre icon is named "Crime.png". But here in germany Crime = Krimi so i had to rename this file to "Krimi.png" to make it work. Just do that with all your genres and you are fine.

You understand?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
not sure what happened but they now work. thanks all
(2020-07-24, 22:26)MrSmith2019 Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 19:10)DarkEther Wrote: Ok, so shouldn't it work on a fresh install then or are they wrong in the code for the Aeon theme?

You just need to name the genre files the same name like your genres are. It depends on your language!

e.g. The english genre is "Crime" and the standard genre icon is named "Crime.png". But here in germany Crime = Krimi so i had to rename this file to "Krimi.png" to make it work. Just do that with all your genres and you are fine.

You understand?
Should be interesting to give directory name to check these file names.
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
(2020-05-21, 18:33)Wanilton Wrote: The Genres name only in English, appears if the image name is exactly the same available in the Kodi database.
Ok but you don't explain how to display all icons correctly in other languages than english.
User should not have to do anything for a good working.

All I found is that icons seem to be include in an .xbt file that cannot be open.

With my AEON MQ8 skin, not all genre icons correctly display whatever add-on is selected
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
(2020-07-31, 15:55)Jacques56 Wrote: All I found is that icons seem to be include in an .xbt file that cannot be open.

Thats correct, Use the "Kodi Texture Tool" to extract the images, rename them and pack them again in a .xbt file.

Kodi is not a product that is working out of the box for everyone. You need to have some basic skills to make it work the way you like it... But this forum is always a good way to get some help.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genre Icons missing/not showing properly0