Info: pseudotv standalone app being made with working docker etc.
Wink 
So, many of you like me have been avid followers of pseudotv. I am hooked on the idea of this program/app.

There is now a new version being written from scratch the best I can tell and is actively being developed. I asked them if I could post a link on these forums as I know many of you would be equally as exited as I.

I was hoping we could give them some help in getting this thing going as it's already working quite well.

It has a working docker container a Dev build, A windows application. It does not require Kodi. And they are seeking input and help.

https://github.com/DEFENDORe/pseudotv

Head on over let's give em some love and get this thing the best life it can have!
(2020-05-21, 19:15)liquidbings Wrote: So, many of you like me have been avid followers of pseudotv. I am hooked on the idea of this program/app.

There is now a new version being written from scratch the best I can tell and is actively being developed. I asked them if I could post a link on these forums as I know many of you would be equally as exited as I.

I was hoping we could give them some help in getting this thing going as it's already working quite well.

It has a working docker container a Dev build, A windows application. It does not require Kodi. And they are seeking input and help.

Head on over let's give em some love and get this thing the best life it can have!

I must admit, I'm confused.  Is this truly standalone, PseudoTV as an app or does it require Plex? (is it a fork of the Plex server, reduced to only run PseudoTV and noting else?)

I'm intrigued by the mention of HDHomerun--does this mean I can set this up and have it run through HDHomeRun channel for Roku?  Or Channels DVR on AndroidTV or some other client of that type?

I'm intrigued since this appears to be open code and available to play with, but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at.  Could some other posters who understand more chime in and explain?  This may be a nice toy to play with while we all continue to wait for Lunatixz to release the next PseudoTV Live! beta before the final release but I need to know more about what I'm looking at here.
(2020-05-22, 05:03)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 19:15)liquidbings Wrote: So, many of you like me have been avid followers of pseudotv. I am hooked on the idea of this program/app.

I must admit, I'm confused.  Is this truly standalone, PseudoTV as an app or does it require Plex? (is it a fork of the Plex server, reduced to only run PseudoTV and noting else?)

I'm intrigued by the mention of HDHomerun--does this mean I can set this up and have it run through HDHomeRun channel for Roku?  Or Channels DVR on AndroidTV or some other client of that type?

I'm intrigued since this appears to be open code and available to play with, but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at.  Could some other posters who understand more chime in and explain?  This may be a nice toy to play with while we all continue to wait for Lunatixz to release the next PseudoTV Live! beta before the final release but I need to know more about what I'm looking at here.  

I use it on Unraid in a docker container. It runs on its own without the need for Kodi or anything like that but does require Plex for your media as best I can tell.

I believe it can be run through anything that uses  XMLTV or M3U lists if I understand correctly. It runs in the Plex app under the live TV and DVR section as a pseudo hdhomerun device. That's how they have it instructed. 
But I believe it could be Implemented elsewhere.

https://hub.docker.com/r/defendore/pseudotv for a bit more info too
Delete
There's a lot more info on the Plex forum https://forums.plex.tv/t/pseudeotv-plex-...s/563709/2
This is not a standalone app in the way you think, this is a backend app and you need to have Plex and a Plex pass account to use Plex's live TV feature. You can use this to generate XMLTV and M3U files that can be used in any IPTV app that can use the XMLTV and M3U files. It does not work the same way its linear playback so you can only watch whats in the timeline so playing the next show on the channel you'll have to wait for the timeline to come up. Another thing it transcodes everything through FFMPEG there is no direct play so if you have an older system don't expect 4K or HD playback. Also if you add new content you have to manually update the channels it does not monitor Plex for new content.
(2020-07-23, 18:53)Technobob Wrote: This is not a standalone app in the way you think, this is a backend app and you need to have Plex and a Plex pass account to use Plex's live TV feature. You can use this to generate XMLTV and M3U files that can be used in any IPTV app that can use the XMLTV and M3U files. It does not work the same way its linear playback so you can only watch whats in the timeline so playing the next show on the channel you'll have to wait for the timeline to come up. Another thing it transcodes everything through FFMPEG there is no direct play so if you have an older system don't expect 4K or HD playback. Also if you add new content you have to manually update the channels it does not monitor Plex for new content.

Have you tried: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-07-23, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 18:53)Technobob Wrote: This is not a standalone app in the way you think, this is a backend app and you need to have Plex and a Plex pass account to use Plex's live TV feature. You can use this to generate XMLTV and M3U files that can be used in any IPTV app that can use the XMLTV and M3U files. It does not work the same way its linear playback so you can only watch whats in the timeline so playing the next show on the channel you'll have to wait for the timeline to come up. Another thing it transcodes everything through FFMPEG there is no direct play so if you have an older system don't expect 4K or HD playback. Also if you add new content you have to manually update the channels it does not monitor Plex for new content.

I have tried it on my Mac and it looks promising but until Kodi v19 is finalized and my other plugins are updated to use v19 I can't update my HTPC
(2020-07-23, 22:03)Technobob Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote:

I have tried it on my Mac and it looks promising but until Kodi v19 is finalized and my other plugins are updated to use v19 I can't update my HTPC

I understand... Matrix is a technical requirement; otherwise, I would have released it for Leia.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info: pseudotv standalone app being made with working docker etc.0