Android Black screen with sounds after resume playing on Sony AndroidTV
I had this problem on kodi 18.6 and after updating to kodi 18.7, i thought it would be solved.

So whenever I would stop an x265 video and decide to resume at last point, it would just be black screen and sounds. So to continue watching to specific point of a movie, i would start from beginning and skip to the point i stopped.

What could be the problem and what could I do to fix this?

Sony Bravia Android TV
Kodi 18.7
(2020-05-23, 10:45)kidbizkit Wrote: I had this problem on kodi 18.6 and after updating to kodi 18.7, i thought it would be solved.

So whenever I would stop an x265 video and decide to resume at last point, it would just be black screen and sounds. So to continue watching to specific point of a movie, i would start from beginning and skip to the point i stopped.

What could be the problem and what could I do to fix this?

Sony Bravia Android TV
Kodi 18.7

there are several threads on the subject running a while back. Not sure there is a solution on v18. Didn't try v19 for a while.
343173 (thread)
@fritsch I've narrowed down the case where resume shows only sound and no video.
It happens only on x265 10bit while all the rest is OK (x264, x265 non 10 bit).
Using Kodi 18.7 latest test of yours (which solved the frame skipping issue) on Sony XE95. Btw, w/o H/W encoding it works, although awful performance obviously
here is my log oqiyufinij (paste)

I tried testing on the latest matrix, however there is a different issue on the latest as I cannot even skip while running a video (most likely a different issue), so I gave up
Its been there for some time now for v18 on Sony, and I saw reported on Phillips in other threads

I don't know if this helps to further understand the problem... I wish I had some dev skills to help you guys...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen with sounds after resume playing on Sony AndroidTV00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.