Solved Blu ray multi-episodes
Sad 
I have a problem with blu ray formats including several episodes of a serie.

I have the contents of the blu ray on my NAS and I try to have it correctly seen by Kodi.

I have for example season 1 of Game of thrones and Kodi tells me that there are 250 files instead of 10. I used Filebot to be sure of the naming.
I get this number of exorbitant files both with theMovieDatabase and theTVDB.

Here is an example of my name on my NAS:

Game Of Thrones
    Season 1
          Game of Thrones - S01E01-E02 - Winter is Coming & The Royal Road
          Game of Thrones - S01E03-E04 - Lord Snow & Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things

Doesn't it just work?
Should we make an adjustment in Kodi?

FYI, Kodi runs on an Nvidia Shield 2017 and I have version 18.6 Leia.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.
bernix
@bernix

How have you ripped the bluray episodes? Are they in a single file like mkv or did you rip to bluray folders?

If you ripped to bluray folders, then add the following code to your advancedsettings.xml file and rescrape.

EDIT- Deleted bad code to avoid confusion. See my next post with correct code.

If that does not work, provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-23, 11:55)Karellen Wrote: @bernix

How have you ripped the bluray episodes? Are they in a single file like mkv or did you rip to bluray folders?

If you ripped to bluray folders, then add the following code to your advancedsettings.xml file and rescrape.

If that does not work, provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the tv show.

Thanks for your answer but I am not an expert. I don't find advancedsettings.xml.

Do I have to create it ? But I think the extract you give me isn't the entire content of the file.

I find settings xml files in C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\settings

Could you give me more informations ?

Thanks a lot.
bernix
(2020-05-23, 12:32)bernix Wrote: Do I have to create it ?
Yes, you have to create it. In Windows, you would place it in this folder with the other existing xml files... C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata Then add the below code into it and restart Kodi.
Copy one of the other xml files in the folder, rename it to advancedsettings.xml, delete the contents of the file and add the code.

(2020-05-23, 12:32)bernix Wrote: But I think the extract you give me isn't the entire content of the file.
Oh, yes. Very observant. I left out the <video> tags. Use this code here...
xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<video>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Wink 
(2020-05-23, 12:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 12:32)bernix Wrote: Do I have to create it ?
Yes, you have to create it. In Windows, you would place it in this folder with the other existing xml files... C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata Then add the below code into it and restart Kodi.
Copy one of the other xml files in the folder, rename it to advancedsettings.xml, delete the contents of the file and add the code.

(2020-05-23, 12:32)bernix Wrote: But I think the extract you give me isn't the entire content of the file.
Oh, yes. Very observant. I left out the <video> tags. Use this code here...
xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<video>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks a lot for your help, all works fine with Kodi on my PC.

I have now to do the same for my Nvidia Shield 2017 and it will be perfect.

The problem is solved.

Best regards.
bernix
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu ray multi-episodes0