v18 Kodi connects to MariaDB but shows no entries
#1
Hello!

Today I changed my MariaDB from an old installation on ARMBIAN (I can't provide the version number since the device is broken) to RASPBIAN with MariaDB 10.3.22

As I did on previous migrations, I used my daily sql backup and restored it with 

Code:
mysql -u root -p < /media/share/file.sql

Normally, this will work fine and the database is restored.
But this time, Kodi doesn't show any entries in the movies/tv series department:

Image

This problem occurs on all my three windows clients, the screenshot is from a fresh installation.

So I enabled debug logging (with database) and looked at it.

Kodi start up debug log

In the log, it is stated that Kodi connects successfully to the database:

Code:
2020-05-23 15:13:46.591 T:3568  NOTICE: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.3.22-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
2020-05-23 15:13:46.618 T:3568  NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic72
2020-05-23 15:13:46.652 T:3568  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos116
2020-05-23 15:13:46.654 T:3568  NOTICE: Running database version TV32
2020-05-23 15:13:46.655 T:3568  NOTICE: Running database version Epg12

After that I used HeidiSQL to fool around in the database with the xbmc user and all permissions seemed to be set correctly.

So I did an update library. Kodi seems to know the database because in the log which was generated while I did that it shows:

Code:
2020-05-23 14:27:54.899 T:344   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.0.2/Share/Filme/Landauer.Der.Praesident.2014.German.WEBRiP.h264/' due to no change
2020-05-23 14:27:54.910 T:344   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: loading setting definitions
2020-05-23 14:27:54.910 T:344   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2020-05-23 14:27:54.910 T:344   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: loading setting values
2020-05-23 14:27:54.910 T:344   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (TrailerQ) was not found.
2020-05-23 14:27:54.910 T:344   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org]: failed to find definition for setting TrailerQ. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

After that I tried to see what happens when I do a "Clean Library". Kodi deleted everything from the episodes table in the database:

Code:
...
2020-05-23 14:17:04.537 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strHash='' where idPath=1170
2020-05-23 14:17:04.540 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from episode where idEpisode=5456
2020-05-23 14:17:04.575 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strHash='' where idPath=1170
2020-05-23 14:17:04.577 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from episode where idEpisode=5457
2020-05-23 14:17:04.610 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strHash='' where idPath=1170
2020-05-23 14:17:04.613 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from episode where idEpisode=5458
2020-05-23 14:17:04.647 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strHash='' where idPath=1170
2020-05-23 14:17:04.650 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: delete from episode where idEpisode=5459
2020-05-23 14:17:04.685 T:11292   DEBUG: Mysql execute: update path set strHash='' where idPath=1170
...

But still, there are no entries (titles, ...) in the menu for tv shows or movies.


I'm very thankful for any kind of assistence!


Best Regards
Reply
#2
(2020-05-23, 15:49)sunchild Wrote: Normally, this will work fine and the database is restored.
But this time, Kodi doesn't show any entries in the movies/tv series department:

Probably the old installation is that old, that differences with MariaDB have arisen, and that the SQL dump import went wrong somewhere. Check your MariaDB log file for details after such a dump restore.
Also there are differences between the various video database versions in Kodi.

(2020-05-23, 15:49)sunchild Wrote: In the log, it is stated that Kodi connects successfully to the database:

It's not necessary to sum up quotes from the log file, as those are already in the log file you linked.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
Reply
#3
Hello, thank you for your time!
(2020-05-23, 21:28)Klojum Wrote: and that the SQL dump import went wrong somewhere.
 
Yeah, you got that part right.

I let Kodi create a new database, and noticed the following:

Image

The marked objects in the database are views! In my imported database these were all empty tables, however that happened.

So I went on and deleted the empty tables and manually created the views in the database.
After that, it worked and everything is back again!
A new backup with my script I'm using for years also restored the views, so whatever.

Views, but I guess they can change with a new Kodi database version
(2020-05-23, 21:28)Klojum Wrote: It's not necessary to sum up quotes from the log file, as those are already in the log file you linked. 

I have to do that once again. Angel I think if someone who has this specific problem, it will help him find a possible solution more quickly.

In my original log, there was this part:

Code:
2020-05-23 15:13:47.143 T:2000   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 1 ms for 0 items query: select * from movie_view  JOIN sets ON movie_view.idSet = sets.idSet ORDER BY sets.idSet

And more items which returned 0 items.

Now this has changed obviously:

Code:
CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 27 ms for 24 items query: select * from movie_view JOIN sets ON movie_view.idSet = sets.idSet ORDER BY sets.idSet


Best Regards
Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi connects to MariaDB but shows no entries00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.