Super Audio CD (SACD) playback
I am trying to play the music contained in the .iso file of a SACD. I installed the "SACD ISO support" Kodi add on, but then I cannot find a way to play the iso file. Alternatively, I would be grateful if anyone could suggest an easy way to convert the .iso file into flac files.
I don't know anything about the Kodi add on, but if your're on Windows you might try foobar2000 with the SACD Decoder plugin.
Personally, I've only done this once before (on Linux) with an sacd-decoder and a soundconverter.
Good luck!
(2020-05-25, 18:11)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 18:09)eljejer Wrote: I don't know anything about the Kodi add on, but if your're on Windows you might try foobar2000 with the SACD Decoder plugin.
Personally, I've only done this once before (on Linux) with an sacd-decoder and a soundconverter.
Good luck!

I have both a Window and a Mac computer. I shall try foobar2000 on Windows and post the result here. Thanks a lot!
There's been a recent add-on to address this.  I've loaded it and have had mixed results.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:SACD_ISO_support
(2020-05-25, 21:08)jasn Wrote: There's been a recent add-on to address this.  I've loaded it and have had mixed results.

Yes, that's the add on I mentioned in my post. However, I do not understand how to use it. Can you shed any light? Thanks
(2020-05-25, 23:21)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 21:08)jasn Wrote: There's been a recent add-on to address this.  I've loaded it and have had mixed results.

Yes, that's the add on I mentioned in my post. However, I do not understand how to use it. Can you shed any light? Thanks

You'll only need to load the add-on to make it work. I had a little trouble following the instructions on the Wiki until I loaded Estuary skin. Then the steps make sense.
(2020-05-25, 23:35)jasn Wrote: You'll only need to load the add-on to make it work. I had a little trouble following the instructions on the Wiki until I loaded Estuary skin. Then the steps make sense. 

I had installed the "SACD ISO support" Kodi add on according to Wiki instructions with no problem.
Normally I use the AppTV skin. I changed it to Estuary. With that, I navigate "Files" until a reach the folder of the SACD .iso file in "Music". If I enter the folder, nothing is shown (but the file is there). If I get the context menu by right-clicking that folder and then hit "Play", nothing happens. I just do not understand how it is supposed to work.
Any help is much appreciated.
@pierocol, I am having the same issue with about 1/3 of my files. Can't see them. Another 1/3 screech, another 1/3 play. Baby steps, I suppose...
(2020-05-27, 20:21)jasn Wrote: @pierocol, I am having the same issue with about 1/3 of my files. Can't see them. Another 1/3 screech, another 1/3 play. Baby steps, I suppose...

Thanks a lot. At least I know it is not me...
There is a dedicated forum thread for SACD support, please use that. Also, the add-on is not anything new, it has been around for almost two years. Please don't respond here, rather read the full thread I've referenced.
(2020-05-28, 09:59)HeresJohnny Wrote: There is a dedicated forum thread for SACD support, please use that. Also, the add-on is not anything new, it has been around for almost two years. Please don't respond here, rather read the full thread I've referenced.

Thank you very much. I had not find it, otherwise I would have checked it first

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Audio CD (SACD) playback0