• 10(current)
Release YouTube to KODI library
Probably has something to do with them uploading videos but in private mode and then publishing them in non chronological order, I should make it so it scans for 5(configurable) videos after the latest video in database to make sure there's no uploads it missed.

the code is a mess and should find the motivation and time to fix it.
Apparently my addon is harmful to youtube, so there's a little bit of motivation...

Unfortunately Youtube sees "Kodi" and automatically assumes you are making videos that facilitate piracy. It is a symptom of all the negative publicity the project has gotten over the years due to the plethora of piracy add-ons certain groups and individuals have and continue to peddle.

Lots of people have made legitimate tutorial videos on aspects of Kodi or legal add-ons only to have the videos taken down but talking to YouTube about it is like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

edit: I guess technically your addon does violate YouTube's T's & C's as you are a third party "app" facilitating access to their video catalogue so perhaps that is their issue with it?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I wanted to give you all an update on the progress of Y2K. After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to dive back into addon development and let me tell you, it's been a wild ride so far.

First things first, I've decided to completely rewrite the addon from the ground up. The only thing that remains is the config file. Threw the old folder maze out of the window and it's now using the script UI like the founding fathers intended because folder mazes are impossible to fix. The only downside is that the new UI will take some time to get finished as I needed to take a deep dive into skinning and that's a rabbit hole.

In all seriousness though, I'm excited to be back in the addon game and to share this journey with all of you. I promise to keep you updated on my progress, and maybe even share a coding mishap or two for your entertainment.

edit: I'll also submit it to KODI's repo when it's done so no more manually updating from GitHub (betas will still be there tho).
I wanted to give a quick update on the current status of my addon development.

Unfortunately, I lost some valuable development time due to my server's hard drive failure. The good news is that nothing addon-related was lost, but it did pretty much nuke my Nextcloud.

As for the user interface, I'm happy to report that it's almost at the point I want it to be. However, there are still some elements that require my attention, including the "quota guesstimator" feature, which is currently not functional. While it's a nice-to-have feature, it's not a high priority as it doesn't significantly affect the addon's usability.

The process of adding and removing normal channels is fully operational, but music videos and playlists are not yet available. The playlist feature will undergo a full overhaul in the future. I did encounter a sneaky bug in my code that caused me to run around in circles for a while, but I've resolved it for now.

Additionally, the addon's render process now queues video data to be processed simultaneously. This significant improvement will dramatically reduce the number of API calls needed, resulting in saving valuable quota.

I'll keep you posted on any further updates.

edit:
If you have feature requests let me know.
Hello Evantaur,
Doing a search today to try and find a way to do this, I hit upon this thread, hopefully I am in the right place. I have been playing with the YouTube Addon and Pseudo TV Live for a while now and It looks like your AddOn maybe the solution to my problem. The problem is Using the YouTube AddOn, I can add a Channel by YouTube Playlist, for Example "FailArmy" and their Play List "Best Of 2022" This gives me all the videos from that Channel and Playlist, loading them into my Pseudo TV Channel. However, everytime I start Kodi of a nighttime to Watch some TV, kodi Starts, Pseudo TV Starts, Pseudo Builds the Chaannel list and as such, I get the same shows at roughly the same time everyday, basicaly there is no way to randomize, what I put into my channel, So from a Youtube Channel and Playlist that holds over a thousand videos, I only ever get the first 50 or so, In the Same Order Everyday, Sort of Ruins the purpose.
So, I installed the addon, but I think Im on the wrong track, Went to create a playlist but can't find the addon. Am i on the right track here?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube to KODI library1