Looking for new media player
Hi,
I am looking for a new player to watch movies. Actually I watch movies in x264 codec from portable HDD with Kodi on RPi3+. I use a beamer and TV. Sound goes to A Yamaha RX-A2070.

The new player should work with x265 codec as well and audio formats like DTS, DTS-HD etc. Android boxes like MX10 or bqueel  seem very affordable but not sure if this what I want.

A Vero 4K looks good but price is higher and I need more than 1 box. Do Android boxes run well with Kodi or do I have to renounce it. Any suggestions on other devices  in the range of 50-100$?
We are all sitting in the same boat, but we are lucky that not everybody is on our side.
If you don't need 3D, ODROID-N2 w/CoreELEC is excellent, and well supported. If you do need 3D, Vero 4K+. See @wrxtasy's stickied post for all options, including Android.
Thanks for the reply. I take a look.
We are all sitting in the same boat, but we are lucky that not everybody is on our side.
Ugoos X2 Cube/Pro with CoreELEC also an excellent choice around the cheaper end of the market.
Thanks for the hint
The Ugoos X2 pro seems interesting. There is X3 already. But just 2 usb ports.  Maybe a hub would do, that means another device.

Looked for the Odroid N2. But no wifi built in. What would be the best controller? Remote or mouse? If mouse then 2 usb ports are already occupied.

Vero 4K+ also just 2 USB ports.

Is there any device with 4 USB ports and built in wifi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for new media player0