How many clients do you have?
I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect several LibreElec clients to a VDR server with 6 tuners.

Does someone have experience with several clients connecting simultaneously to one VNSI server?
Hello,
Yes. I have a server with Yavdr Ansible (2.4.1) which runs VNSI Server, DVB Api and OsCam. The DVB Cards are DDCine S2 v.6.5 (6 tuners).
There are 4 LibreElec devices that are connecting independently to the server.
The priority in the client part of VNSI must be set to 0.
All works great for the past few years.

Hope that helps.
BR

Edited: By the way, I have LibreElec in my country house and when I am there I am opening the VNSI port of the server and connect to the server via VNSI remotely. It works great too if one have fast gigabit connection in both places.
HTPC 1: Asus AT5ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 2: Asus AT3ION, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB Corsair SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case;
HTPC 3: ASRock A330, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, MCE Remote, Custom Case;
(2020-05-29, 17:37)M-Reimer Wrote: I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect several LibreElec clients to a VDR server with 6 tuners.

Does someone have experience with several clients connecting simultaneously to one VNSI server?

This is a good question and a should check this, because i have  one VDR server with Dualport DVB-S2 card an 5 VNSI clients. I use this combination since many years.

i use kodi to catalogue my vdr recordings and  and not to catalogue a specific directory at filesystem level. This has the advantage to have a uniq view to my recording at VDR and Kodi

You can use your VNSI Clients to view your recordings everywhere and the viewing is only limited to your network bandwidth.

You have 6 tuners, equal to 6 transponder at DVB level. Each transponder present an amount of channels. In the worst case you are able to view/record "6" different channels and not more!  The view of channels on the same transponder has only a network Bandwidth limit.

The VNSI-Priority (as mentioned from Alexandro) has to be setup correctly. Higher priorities can interrupt lower ones! This mean, that lower priority VNSI Client will get no signal, if a higher priority job will start or connected.

BR
(2020-05-29, 17:37)M-Reimer Wrote: I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect several LibreElec clients to a VDR server with 6 tuners.

Hi,

I`m  running this with yaVDR6.02 and up to 6 aftv´s with kodi. Works perfect.
I´ve trid libreelec too, but aftv is much cheaper, reliable and runs ootb (ok, after sideloading kodi, which is very easy). All clients (4K) bought at prime days for 30 EUR including remote.

Of couse a gigabit network and strong Wlan is needed. But I asssume thats standard today,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many clients do you have?0