v18 DVD/DVDRip videos stretched in Kodi 18 on Fire TV Stick (3rd generation) + Samsung TV
Hi and thanks in advance for any help!
I have installed Kodi v18 on my Fire TV Stick - 3rd generation (via Downloader) and I have it plugged in a Samsung TV (3yo, firmware updated). While all HD video (and, in general, non-DVD/DVDRip videos) play correctly, I have that all DVD/DVDRip videos are somewhat stretched and appear with wrong A/R. I have tried adjusting parameters manually but nothing worked.

Only think that worked was to turn off Hardware Acceleration! Still, doing so, playback of HD files is far over from smooth. So, this couldn't be an handy workaround! Not if I have to trigger it manually for each DVD/DVDRip I intend to watch...

Any suggestion/fix available? Thank you again in advance Smile
*Only thing
No idea at all? Sad
Fixed in 18.7.1 - btw. just three posts under yours the some topic was covered already.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-06-03, 07:25)fritsch Wrote: Fixed in 18.7.1 - btw. just three posts under yours the some topic was covered already.
Thank you so so much for fixing this and for the reply!
Is there any way to update to 18.7.1 on the Fire Stick without uninstalling the previous version and install the new via apk? I'd like to preserve some add-on configurations!
just install the apk with -r for replace.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-06-03, 20:03)fritsch Wrote: just install the apk with -r for replace.

Don't want to abuse your patience but I guess it's pretty clear I'm a bit of a n00b. What would be the best way to do that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD/DVDRip videos stretched in Kodi 18 on Fire TV Stick (3rd generation) + Samsung TV0