Cannot Locate External Drive in File Manager
I am trying to copy music playlist from external drive to .kodi/media/userdata/playlists/music
I'm able "Add Source" for .kodi-playlists/music folder on right side of file manager, but cannot locate my external drive on left side of manger.
Isn't it supposed to be in Root filesystem/media?
That opens to blank screen with folder icon top left and ellipse (...)
Once I'm able to locate external drive and select playlist .m3u file,
how do I copy it to kodi-playlists/music folder?
Wiki shows to select Copy from context menu but I don't see that in my context menu, but then I have no file to select only folder.
I do not understand the file manager interface even after reading the wiki.
I don't understand why after adding the kodi-playlists/music folder as destination on right side, it also shows up on left side.
Kodi on CoreElec os Odroid N2
(2020-05-31, 22:57)ds_tx Wrote: Once I'm able to locate external drive and select playlist .m3u file,
how do I copy it to kodi-playlists/music folder?
Navigate with the left-hand side, find your file & select Copy. This will copy the file to the location in the right-hand side, so this should be your destination folder.

If you can't see the files you probably need to enable 'Show Hidden files and directories' from Media Settings/General.

Also your External drive will probably be under root/var/media
OK found my external drive and selected .m3u playlist, but still no Copy in context menu.
All I have in context menu is -
Select all
Add to favourites
Play using...
Rename
Delete
Make new folder
Switch media
View as text
Dunno, I just checked CoreELEC and it gives me the option. Maybe reboot and try again. If that doesn't work I suppose it could be a permissions issue or something Huh
When I select "Add Source" - Root/var/media/external drive - my playlist does not show on drive so I can't select it.
I have Show hidden files and directories turned on in General tab of Settings/Media.
When I select drive from File Manager, not Root, then I can view and select my playlist.
That's when the above items show in Context menu but not Copy function.
I thought it was pkscout's Estuary mod skin, but I switched to default skin and it's the same.
Why when I add source on one side does same source appear on other side?
If I could get Copy in context menu, does it ask where to copy to?
If not, how does it know where to copy to?
Profile Directory and Add source show on both right and left.
If I click Add source on right for destination and drill down to kodi-playlists/music folder, then that folder shows up on both right and left.
If I click Add source on left, then Root/var/media/hdd - there's no playlist.m3u file there.
If I don't click Add source and click on hdd instead, then I can see .m3u playlist but there's no Copy for it in context menu.
You don't need to select Add Source, forget that option. Find your file on the left side, set your destination folder on the right side and select Copy. It will then copy from left to right.
When I insert ext hd, it show up on both right and left side of File manager also.
(2020-05-31, 23:57)FXB78 Wrote: You don't need to select Add Source, forget that option. Find your file on the left side, set your destination folder on the right side and select Copy. It will then copy from left to right.

That's the most logical approach, but there's no Copy function in context menu, only those previously listed.
OK, I selected Profile directory/playlists/music on right for destination,
and selected .m3u playlist from external hd on right.
This time Copy was listed in context menu, and file copied when I selected that.

This is nothing like instructions in Kodi wik for File manager!!!!
https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
The wiki seems pretty clear to me:

"The File Manager is a remote control friendly interface that uses an A-B panel system. For example, when copying files, Panel A (left panel) contains the original file and Panel B (right panel) will be the selected location the file is copied to."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Locate External Drive in File Manager0