How to add media source Kodi Matrix 19
hi
I am relatively new to Kodi. I have had 18.5 Leia installed for a year and it was working fine. On the left when looking down the list, under Videos, the Multimedia folder was always showing and by clicking on that, all of the videos I have on my QNAP TS-451 were accessible.

I have since updated firmware on the NAS and this version of Kodi is struggling a little and so I installed both 18.7 Leia Light and 19 Matrix to see which would work best. Neither of these see my multimedia folder by default and I have no idea how to locate it. If I go to Enter Files Section of any of the headings, I am unable to locate the Multimedia folder. I tried looking in Settings and selected Media. This took me to an area where I could select to Add Videos, yet again, nothing was automatically detected. It took me to an area to Enter A Name For This Media Source Browse or Add. Browsing took me to a window with Home Folder, NFS, Root Filesystem, Video Playlists, Windows Network (SMB), Zeroconf Browser and Add Network Location. Any of these I browse through seem to have Kodi folders showing and not the folder structure I see when I use the File Station on my NAS. 

So how does one navigate to the normal file structure where the multimedia files live, rather than the Kodi file structure? If I try to add a network location, what protocol etc? 18.5 just detected the folder by default and now this is not the case. I know this may be a very simply task to many, but I have not had to do it before, so it is the first time

Thanks in advance
Whatever file protocol(s) your files server / NAS supports, you can use. For a NAS, the recommended protocols are SMB and NFS. I prefer to use the latter one.
Enable them if necessary on the NAS, and enter all credentials of that share in the "Add network location", and things 'should work' ™.
Just so you know, I have entered smb://192.168.1.225/ as the server with username and password filled in, but it returns Invalid argument. In the browser the full address adds /cgi-bin/ to the end and I have tried that as well. I also added the shared folder name of Multimedia.

Would it matter that I have that same folder mounted in my Mac so I am able to access the NAS? 18.5 had no issues see the Multimedia folder regardless if the folder was mounted or not

cheers
Did you use the "add network location"-option to add the SMB share? If so, please share a screenshot of those settings and cover the username/password section
Also check which SMB version your NAS is using. If it's SMBv1, then it's basically deprecated and should no longer be used because of its big security flaws. Preferably, the NAS should do SMBv2 or higher. Kodi also defaults to v2 and up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add media source Kodi Matrix 190