v19 IPTV Simple now supports local Timeshift for live streams (experimental)
Hello.
I installed Kodi 19 on my Android TV box, and it has PVR IPTV Simple client v6.4.1, this version has Timeshift and Catchup. Timeshift requires inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon, but how to install it? I go to search in Addons, I found the Inputstream FFmpeg Direct addon, open it and press Install, but nothing happens! Can anybody help me? Thank you!
Can you supply a full debug log for when you click install?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-10-19, 12:48)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you supply a full debug log for when you click install?

Here it is log file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/esehojawow.kodi
Can you install the latest nightly? The inputstream API has charged since which is why it won’t install I think.
(2020-10-19, 21:05)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you install the latest nightly? The inputstream API has charged since which is why it won’t install I think.

Hello, thank you, you were right i installed the latest nightly version, and all addons works fine!
I don't know if this is a PVR question or a skinning question, in an old version of Matrix I was using the Timeshift was displayed in the Info screen and I think also in the Video OSD. I've installed Matrix alpha 2 (Estuary) and the Timeshift is no longer displayed (i.e. -0.30). This was a useful feature, it appears in the top bar when you adjust the timeshift but I can't see a way to view this top bar when playing. Any ideas?
(2020-10-23, 17:50)FXB78 Wrote: I don't know if this is a PVR question or a skinning question, in an old version of Matrix I was using the Timeshift was displayed in the Info screen and I think also in the Video OSD. I've installed Matrix alpha 2 (Estuary) and the Timeshift is no longer displayed (i.e. -0.30). This was a useful feature, it appears in the top bar when you adjust the timeshift but I can't see a way to view this top bar when playing. Any ideas?

This is fixed again with it back at the bottom on master.
Time shifting was working great for me on the Alpha 19 builds but now it causes Kodi to crash on the Beta build.

If Time shifting is disabled I can view my m3u streams OK. If  I enable Time shifting,  Kodi stops when I try to play any stream.  I am using an Android MINIX box

When I look at the IPTV Simple addon it indicates that an update is available.  However it will not install the update because "The Dependency on InputStream.adaptive 0.0.0.0 could not be satisfied""   Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks for this great new feature!
Now I did it. I Uninstalled The Simple client and tried to re install it.

It wont reinstall because of "The Dependency on InputStream.adaptive 0.0.0.0 could not be satisfied"" 

Please help. I no longer have Live TV on my good Android box.   (Fortunately I kept Kodi 18 on my backup box)
(2020-12-08, 03:51)victord Wrote: Now I did it. I Uninstalled The Simple client and tried to re install it.

It wont reinstall because of "The Dependency on InputStream.adaptive 0.0.0.0 could not be satisfied"" 

Please help. I no longer have Live TV on my good Android box.   (Fortunately I kept Kodi 18 on my backup box)

Please install the beta2 release. That should fix it @victord
(2020-12-08, 10:37)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 03:51)victord Wrote: Now I did it. I Uninstalled The Simple client and tried to re install it.

Please install the beta2 release. That should fix it @victord
Just got the Dec 7 beta release from Google Play this morning (Dec 8)  and it did the trick.  If I had waited one more day I would not have needed to post the problem.

Thanks again.
(2020-06-04, 20:19)phunkyfish Wrote: It's now possible to use timeshift with live streams from IPTV Simple from version v5.2.0. It is provided via a new feature in inputstream.ffmpegdirect. It will enable pause, seek back and forward etc.

Notes:
  • By default the buffer size will be limited to 1 hour, this limit can be set to a limit from 15 mins to 24 hours. 
  • A good heuristic for video size is 130MB per minute of 1080p video and 375MB per minute of 4K video (h264).
  • If you pause a stream the buffer will grow indefinitely. It will not be reduced unless you seek or play from the pause point. 

You need to enable the timeshift feature in the addon settings. Once enabled it will only work with http streams automatically. If you would like to to try it with other stream types you can add the following KODIPROP's to each M3U entry you would like to try it on:

Code:

#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.ffmpegdirect
#KODIPROP:inputstream.ffmpegdirect.stream_mode=timeshift
#KODIPROP:inputstream.ffmpegdirect.is_realtime_stream=true

For any TS stream an additional property should be added to every M3U entry using timeshift. This will speed up initial load time:

Code:
#KODIPROP:mimetype=video/mp2t

The feature us very much experimental, so expect issues Wink If you find it works well with other stream types let me know and I can add them to the settings.

Enjoy,

phunkyfish

Do these commands work in Kodi Leia if you add them in the corresponding stream in the m3u list to open with IPTV simple client addon?

And these ones work in Kodi leia (which are related with the new reconnect added funcionality):
#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.ffmpeg
#KODIPROP:http-reconnect=true

Thank you in advance!
The title of thread says V19, so Matrix only I’m afraid.
I have timeshift files mapped to an external SD Card, hypothetically if this runs out of storage what will happen? Does it remove the oldest files and continue or will it simply crash and not save the current video?
Hey guy, thx for adding this feature.
Its working without an issue.

Just a little question:
My "old" PVR addon "DVBViewer" had an option to enable permanent timeshift oder just when paused.
I know timeshift is handled thougth inputstream.

Did'nt find such an option, is such an feature present or should i'll open an feature request in the inputstream section?

PS.: Just dont want to wear out my SSD with timeshift when i dont need it.

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple now supports local Timeshift for live streams (experimental)0