Unclean library
I have noticed this kind of error in my regular KODI log:

Quote:2020-06-06 15:22:49.318 T:1864 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://192.168.1.185/Q/Music/_File/#Classical#/#DSD/Leonard Bernstein, National Orchestra of France/
This folder does indeed not exist anymore as I've moved the files elsewhere. However, in my advancedsettings.xml I have the following entry:
Code:

<musiclibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</musiclibrary>
I was under the impression that this should remove invalid folders after scraping. Is that not so?
No, currently at least, that is not so. I think with that setting it will remove unavailable sources but not odd folders within a source. If you want to clean up folders then you need to manually use the full clean library facility from the system>media>library menu remembering to scroll down to the music library section.

I'm not completely sure that removing invalid folders after music library upate has ever worked properly, but it is also possible that I broke this option it more fully 3 years ago when I fixed other problems with cleaning such as not being able to cancel it.  I will try to look more into this when I have time.
Thanks for the comprehensive statement!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unclean library0