How to add various media flags/info to home screen.
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modifying skins. Does anyone have a link to info where I can find the way add the media flags or even just the info (like time the program ends) to Estuary, like Estuary Mod 2 has. I prefer the speed of the default Estuary, but would love to have that info like the bottom of the screen here from Mod 2. I'm not affraid of code, just never done any mods to a skin.

Any help would be appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken those graphics don't even exist in Estuary. So you have to create them and add them here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...edia/flags

I guess you are able to copy some from Estuary v2 and use them in Estuary as well. But you have to be aware that there will be a lot more to change/add than just a few images. If you are a complete newby, then I would say start with some simpler things to get familiar how skinning itself works and what options you have. Our Wiki is a good starting point.
for Estuary you can change path for images
Includes.xml

xml:

<include content="MediaFlag">
                    <param name="texture" value="$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec,flags/videocodec/,.png]" />
                    <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.VideoCodec)" />
                </include>

xml:

<param name="texture" value="$INFO[ListItem.Year,special://skin/extras/years/,.png]" />
                    <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Year )" />
                </include>

create folder in Estuary
special://folder in Estuary/videocodec/,.png]
Changing the path for the mediacodecs won't help him as they are still not shown on the home-screen then. Also there's no image for the flags when a program will end. Those have to be added and bunch more work have to be done to show them at the home screen.
(2020-06-13, 16:29)DaVu Wrote: Changing the path for the mediacodecs won't help him as they are still not shown on the home-screen then. Also there's no image for the flags when a program will end. Those have to be added and bunch more work have to be done to show them at the home screen.

why should i need to repeat what you had all ready posted

f I'm not mistaken those graphics don't even exist in Estuary. So you have to create them and add them here:

so to make it clear 
create folder in Estuary
flags
flags\aspectratio
create image and add them here:
flags\audiochannel
flags\audiocodec

edit Includes.xml

find <include name="MediaFlags">
and change path to special://skin/flags/
xml:

<param name="texture" value="flags/flag.png" />
</include>
</control>
<param name="texture" value="$INFO[$PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioChannels,special://skin/flags/audiochannel/,.png]" />
<param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioChannels)" />
</include>
<param name="texture" value="$INFO[$PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioCodec,special://skin/flags/audiocodec/,.png]" />
<param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioCodec)" />
</include>
<param name="texture" value="$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,special://skin/flags/aspectratio/,.png]" />
</include>
<param name="texture" value="$PARAM[resolution_var]" />
<param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.VideoResolution)" />
</include>
</control>

ImageImage

https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

ListItem.EndTime
End time of current selected TV programme in a container

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add various media flags/info to home screen.0