• 7(current)
Android Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box
There shouldn't be any issue (other then normal ones that may occur, such as being stuck in HDR) to run coreelec from SD card. It's one of the officially supported models (am6).
(2021-07-20, 01:44)mulderfox Wrote: There shouldn't be any issue (other then normal ones that may occur, such as being stuck in HDR) to run coreelec from SD card. It's one of the officially supported models (am6).
I know that used to be the case but does that still apply since ugoos encrypted the bootloader 6 months ago?
(2021-07-20, 04:34)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-07-20, 01:44)mulderfox Wrote: There shouldn't be any issue (other then normal ones that may occur, such as being stuck in HDR) to run coreelec from SD card. It's one of the officially supported models (am6).
I know that used to be the case but does that still apply since ugoos encrypted the bootloader 6 months ago?
I guess I could check, as I have the box (using the minix u22-xj with coreelec). But it would definitely have to run from the SD card. My box is fully updated. (Firmware 0.4.1)
Did you ever check if the encrypted bootloader prevents coreelec from booting from the sd card as well as the emmc?

Reading the datasheet for the aml 922, it seems to imply that the bootrom can still boot a non-encrypted bootloader even after an aes key has been burned in an bootrom efuse.

So, once the otp aes key has been burned, only a bootloader encrypted with that key will ever be able to be decrypted, but a non-encrypted bootloader might still boot?

That is what I gleaned from reading the datasheet but I have no experience in practice.  Perhaps only an encrypted bootloader will ever be able to boot once the efuse(s) are burned with the key?

I'd rather boot from the emmc but if nodody has tested that with the encrypted bootloader, has anyone tested booting from the sd card when the emmc has an encrypted bootloader?
Hi all, can someone confirm that this with its big brother AM6B plus does not play 3d MVC/ISO full frame packed? Thx
(2022-09-05, 13:23)reeloftime Wrote: Hi all, can someone confirm that this with its big brother AM6B plus does not play 3d MVC/ISO full frame packed? Thx
Ditto.
Hey!

Is there a way to get the plex app to passtrough hd audio like dts-x and dolby true hd?
Guys, looking at current Ugoos TV-boxes, looks like AM6 is still capable device, what do you think? I hope to use it mostly with Android VOD apps, but will put and Kodi on it.
I though for X4 becaus it is smaller, but in a forum  I read some bad opinions for it.

Regards!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box0