Android Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box
(2020-06-08, 00:43)mulderfox Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 16:57)ragico Wrote: Arrived few days ago. I am really interested in Dolby Vision performance. Installed the RC 033 official dual boot firmware. Installed kodi leia 18.7 in Android, No Dolby Vision (any profile) is triggered but HDR. It triggers HDR 10+ on my Panasonic Gz2000 oled. Installed Plex from Google playstore and it triggers Dolby Vision profiles 4 and 5. Very good picture performance. Better than that of Nvidia shield pro 2019 on the same tv in my opinion.
Agree that lan (cable) performance should improve. Sometimes I must restatr the box as it does not play anything or plays in standard resolution, no hdr no dolby vision
Under  Android both Kodi and Plex do not play Dolby Atmos in bitstream passtrough.
Under Coreelec Dolby Atmos (passtrough) works.
I think that this box will still improve with firmware fixes and updates and probably will be one of the very best on the market.
At the moment I am happy with it.
Thanks ragico. I could not test Dolby Vision since my TV does not support it. Nor do I have Atmos setup (for the time being). For me however, stability was very good. I did not have to restart the box due to the issues you mentioned. But.. I also stayed with Kodi 18.6 as arrived with the box. I would recommend against updating Kodi - the changes are not significant enough to push to do that and may cause issues in many boxes that were optimized using a certain version of Kodi. That's my experience anyways. You can also report these issues to Ugoos if you want them to fix them. I did regarding the ones I mentioned in my review.
The problems cited in my previous post happens only with Dolby Vision trough Plex. Maybe this is due to the 32 bit OS. I also installed fron google playstore kodi 18.6 and Dolby Vision is still no go and triggered as HDR.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box - by ragico - 2020-06-08, 16:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box0