v18 DLNA streaming to an AV-receiver (Denon) is not working for me
Hello,
I desperately trying to use Kodi to stream music to my Denon receiver via DLNA. It works perfectly with the MediaPlayer. Howewer I enabled all DLNA settings according to Kodi Wiki. That led to the option of selecting "Abspielen mit" (something like play with as I am using the German version) and I do find all my various DLNA sinks such as the TV, a Wifi speaker and my Denon. In all cases nothing happens on the selected device, Kodi is just starting playback on the local system. I am also running a debian server running Kodi 17.6. Also from that system no DLNA playback on any of my devices is possible although all of them are selectable. What is going wrong? Thanks for any help.
Kind regards
Björn
UPnP/DLNA on Kodi is like a 2-stage rocket. You first need 'scrape' your media collection into a Kodi client using a 'proper' file protocol, such as SMB or NFS. Once all the (meta)data is in Kodi's databases, videos and music should be available via UPnP.
(2020-06-08, 23:54)Klojum Wrote: UPnP/DLNA on Kodi is like a 2-stage rocket. You first need 'scrape' your media collection into a Kodi client using a 'proper' file protocol, such as SMB or NFS. Once all the (meta)data is in Kodi's databases, videos and music should be available via UPnP.
Hello Klojum,
thank you very much for your reply. All my media files are on a local hard drive which was initially scanned by Kodi. So the database is filled - is it that what you meant, or did I get you wrong?
Björn
I also have this problem with a Denon X3600. Kodi sees it on the network (it shows up with "Play using..."), just like it does the TV, but if I select the Denon, I get no audio. If I select the TV, then the audio needs to go from Kodi to the TV to the Denon (works but yuck.) I am using Kodi 20.2. Why doesn't the Denon play Kodi's music like the TV does? All that I get is silence. The same Android tablet can use other apps such as "LocalCast" to send audio to the Denon using DLNA/UPnP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA streaming to an AV-receiver (Denon) is not working for me0