Uninstall AppTv
Hi all,
I'm newbie on this forum.
I've installed AppTv skin from Kodi just for testing.
I would like to go back to the original Kodi skin but I'm unable to do this.
Is there a way to change skin from AppTv ?
Thanks for your help.
(2020-06-09, 09:28)JMVANH Wrote: Hi all,
Thanks for your help.
@JMVANH ,

Sorry that you don't want to stick with the skin. Before you go could you please write back with the version number of the skin you are using, where you loaded it from and why it's not to your liking.

Now to get back to Estuary skin you need to navigate to the Settings menu item from AppTV's home screen. Either click on menu item or menu icon (depending on which home screen type you are using) and then navigate to the interface settings menu and click on that. On the interface settings screen the first menu item on the right hand side of the screen is the Skin submenu, navigate left from there and high lite and click on the Skin menu item. This will bring up a selection list, navigate to the entry for Estuary and click on that. When asked if you want to keep the change, click yes.

Now if as I suspect you are having problems seeing the settings menu (the home menu is black maybe) you can get to it by navigating left until a selection dialog appears. Click on the first item "Home menu type" and another selection menu will appear, just click on "Horizontal" and you will be taken back to the Horizontal type home menu (you should be able to see it now). Navigate all the way to the right until you are in the System menu item. Settings is the first item of that menu, click on that and procede as above.

As a last resort if you can't make the above work you can reset Kodi back to its default skin (Estuary) by deleting the guisettings.xml file located in Kodi/userdata directory. Where that directory is on your system depends on which platform you are using. For example under Windows10 it is located at UserName/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml but if you are not using Windows it will be located somewhere else in your systems filesystem. This will require you to set your interface settings again if you changed them from the default, but other than that is a fairly non destructive way out as Kodi will recreate this file if it does not find it. If you are up for editing the above file, look for the following line
Quote:    <setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.apptv</setting>
Just delete that line will also return you to Estuary skin when you restart Kodi.

Hope that helps
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Many thanks for your helpful answer. Your solution #2 worked well for me.
Kodi runs under Android 9.0.0 on an AndroidTV box, namely Nvidia Shield. The installed AppTV plugin has version # 1.6.0
As I said before I installed AppTv in order to try and test several skins. May be AppTv wil be my favorite skin in the future.

Thanks again.
(2020-06-10, 05:13)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 09:28)JMVANH Wrote: Hi all,
Thanks for your help.
@JMVANH ,

Sorry that you don't want to stick with the skin. Before you go could you please write back with the version number of the skin you are using, where you loaded it from and why it's not to your liking.

Now to get back to Estuary skin you need to navigate to the Settings menu item from AppTV's home screen. Either click on menu item or menu icon (depending on which home screen type you are using) and then navigate to the interface settings menu and click on that. On the interface settings screen the first menu item on the right hand side of the screen is the Skin submenu, navigate left from there and high lite and click on the Skin menu item. This will bring up a selection list, navigate to the entry for Estuary and click on that. When asked if you want to keep the change, click yes.

Now if as I suspect you are having problems seeing the settings menu (the home menu is black maybe) you can get to it by navigating left until a selection dialog appears. Click on the first item "Home menu type" and another selection menu will appear, just click on "Horizontal" and you will be taken back to the Horizontal type home menu (you should be able to see it now). Navigate all the way to the right until you are in the System menu item. Settings is the first item of that menu, click on that and procede as above.

As a last resort if you can't make the above work you can reset Kodi back to its default skin (Estuary) by deleting the guisettings.xml file located in Kodi/userdata directory. Where that directory is on your system depends on which platform you are using. For example under Windows10 it is located at UserName/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml but if you are not using Windows it will be located somewhere else in your systems filesystem. This will require you to set your interface settings again if you changed them from the default, but other than that is a fairly non destructive way out as Kodi will recreate this file if it does not find it. If you are up for editing the above file, look for the following line
Quote:    <setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.apptv</setting>
Just delete that line will also return you to Estuary skin when you restart Kodi.

Hope that helps
Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uninstall AppTv0