TMM to scrape multiple Rating sources
Has anyone found a way to incorporate Rotten Tomatoes scores to the NFO yet? 
 <rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
            <value>5.7</value>
            <votes>183</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max="10">
            <value>5.6</value>
            <votes>282129</votes>
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2020-07-29, 15:56)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 17:10)Pdubbbs Wrote: Hi, I would like to join the effort in incorporating Metacritic ratings, if you guys can get me caught up to where you are. At this point I cant even find where I can get tmm to scrape for metacritic rating. Originally I just wanted to get it to incorporate that score into the filename, but I am open to keeping folders for movies and putting it all into nfo's like you are doing. I also use kodi, but am not that concerned with having it displayed in there at this time. Thanks, look forward to using metacritic rating, as all my movies I usually get based on that, so would be nice to filter by it. Wink

The Metascore can be written to the NFO file if you use the TMM scraper and set the Rating option to use the OMDBAPI
Ok, I got it to scrape the metascore and show it as preferred rating in tmm. I was able to have it rename files with this too, which is what I wanted. I'm assuming for it to show the meta rating in kodi, you need to have a skin that is displaying that.  How does the NFO work? Like is everything that is in tmm as far as scraped and edited information all being copied into the NFO ? There don't seem to be too many settings for nfo, so I'm assuming it is as straightforward as this?

Also,
Tmm is not displaying any vote counts, when using the metascore as preferred.  It should be using the amount of critic reviews for this number, since that is what the rating displayed is based on.
If you're using Universal Media Scraper...according to the docs, Kodi scrapes local data first, then goes out to the interwebs to scrape metadata (depending on your config of the scraper). I use Aeon MQ8 modded currently, It pulls in metacritic info automatically from the time that data was first queried and written to the NFO, but if you want the latest info from the source you'll have to manually reload via the context menu from within kodi. I have to do this currently for Rotten tomato scores because TMM doesn't know how to write that info the the NFO file.....hopefully that's being put in the works.
(2020-07-30, 17:25)Shredder_guitar Wrote: If you're using Universal Media Scraper...according to the docs, Kodi scrapes local data first, then goes out to the interwebs to scrape metadata (depending on your config of the scraper). I use Aeon MQ8 modded currently, It pulls in metacritic info automatically from the time that data was first queried and written to the NFO, but if you want the latest info from the source you'll have to manually reload via the context menu from within kodi. I have to do this currently for Rotten tomato scores because TMM doesn't know how to write that info the the NFO file.....hopefully that's being put in the works.

so, if you re-scraped in tmm, wouldn't it update the ratings? Then it's just a matter of having kodi update its data, which I'm still trying to understand, I've been deleted movies on kodi, and then it would re-add it, with updated info. I will take a look at that reload feature in the context menu. I have actually disabled that kodi does any scraping, so that I can see 100% results of what Im doing in tmm. In theory, if one is mastering tmm, and having all the folders with nfo and artwork, then there is no need for kodi to do any further scraping on its own. especially when kodi does this, it doesn't go into that movie folder but its own database? So if I wanted to share my movies, they wouldn't be the up to date version I would have been used to on kodi?
(2020-07-30, 19:24)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 17:25)Shredder_guitar Wrote: If you're using Universal Media Scraper...according to the docs, Kodi scrapes local data first, then goes out to the interwebs to scrape metadata (depending on your config of the scraper). I use Aeon MQ8 modded currently, It pulls in metacritic info automatically from the time that data was first queried and written to the NFO, but if you want the latest info from the source you'll have to manually reload via the context menu from within kodi. I have to do this currently for Rotten tomato scores because TMM doesn't know how to write that info the the NFO file.....hopefully that's being put in the works.

so, if you re-scraped in tmm, wouldn't it update the ratings? Then it's just a matter of having kodi update its data, which I'm still trying to understand, I've been deleted movies on kodi, and then it would re-add it, with updated info. I will take a look at that reload feature in the context menu. I have actually disabled that kodi does any scraping, so that I can see 100% results of what Im doing in tmm. In theory, if one is mastering tmm, and having all the folders with nfo and artwork, then there is no need for kodi to do any further scraping on its own. especially when kodi does this, it doesn't go into that movie folder but its own database? So if I wanted to share my movies, they wouldn't be the up to date version I would have been used to on kodi?

I tried the local data only approach first also, the issue is that many skins, by design, are built to use underlying services like the skin helper service and the extended info service that use a movies IMDB id or TMDB id to query movie from the internet to get the latest possible info.  You can absolutely use local data only for a lot of things (artwork, some metadata) ...but in my experience, it only gets you so far. But it all boils down to what skin/setup you're using and how much up-to-date info about the movie you're wanting. 
Another benefit to using TMM is that some skins (i just recently found this out) require items like media source type, resolution type, audio format, to be in the name to be properly flagged inside of Kodi. As far as naming conventions go, I think it's ugly to have all that info in a file name, but it serves a functional purpose inside of Kodi. 

Here is my current naming scheme if you're wanting to do something similar

In my own mind, I use TMM now as a "starting point" so-to-speak to make sure that the correct movie is recognized by kodi and a "break glass in case of emergency" method in case i have to start all over again inside of kodi, I know that with NFO files if i have to rebuild the DB all over again from scratch, Kodi will scrape the correct movie every time because that information has already been hard coded to an NFO.
(2020-07-31, 06:12)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 19:24)Pdubbbs Wrote:

I tried the local data only approach first also, the issue is that many skins, by design, are built to use underlying services like the skin helper service and the extended info service that use a movies IMDB id or TMDB id to query movie from the internet to get the latest possible info.  You can absolutely use local data only for a lot of things (artwork, some metadata) ...but in my experience, it only gets you so far. But it all boils down to what skin/setup you're using and how much up-to-date info about the movie you're wanting. 
Another benefit to using TMM is that some skins (i just recently found this out) require items like media source type, resolution type, audio format, to be in the name to be properly flagged inside of Kodi. As far as naming conventions go, I think it's ugly to have all that info in a file name, but it serves a functional purpose inside of Kodi. 

In my own mind, I use TMM now as a "starting point" so-to-speak to make sure that the correct movie is recognized by kodi and a "break glass in case of emergency" method in case i have to start all over again inside of kodi, I know that with NFO files if i have to rebuild the DB all over again from scratch, Kodi will scrape the correct movie every time because that information has already been hard coded to an NFO.

In the last month I've come a long way too. I had all my movies with no folders or anything just bare "What's Eating Gilbert Grape.mkv", and Im on mac, so for the comment of the file I added the year. Put I realized that putting the year in for every new movie manually is a hassle, and if I ever switched to windows, I would loose that comment column info.

So now I have it as "All or Nothing (2002) 1080p EAC3 (72.0)" and same as you all the folders, nfo, artwork etc. I can also add the subtitles srt to this if the movie is missing it. With my single file ocd, I had to remux the mkv to add the srt, which is a hassle. The 72 is the metascore, which the majority of my movies have, if not I fallback on the imdb score.

Like you mentioned, I see the benefit of only having to do that initial search and scrape once. I have movies in cold storage, so transfer movies every few months into local storage, so my kodi  library is always somewhat temporary. I also like to share my collection. So having to search,match,scrape every time the movie is being utilized would be a hassle.

Since I need to redo my entire 3K movie collection, I am trying to understand every aspect of tmm, and kodi, and how it all works, so I do it right the first time. I don't think I have it in me to have to do a second go!

I will do what you do, and add the Video Codec, will be good to know what that is, because  I could see me replacing all my h264, once we get to h266 or h267 ;P

Not sure if I care so much about blu ray vs. web dl. Can usually tell that based on the audio codec being dts or eac3.

Im assuming that all the artwork needs to be as files, in the same folder as the mkv to work in kodi or other programs? I was thinking I could have an artwork subfolder, so that when I'm in the movie folder I would have the mkv,nfo,srt,and art work folder. Might make it a bit cleaner.
(2020-07-31, 16:35)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 06:12)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 19:24)Pdubbbs Wrote: so, if you re-scraped in tmm, wouldn't it update the ratings? Then it's just a matter of having kodi update its data, which I'm still trying to understand, I've been deleted movies on kodi, and then it would re-add it, with updated info. I will take a look at that reload feature in the context menu. I have actually disabled that kodi does any scraping, so that I can see 100% results of what Im doing in tmm. In theory, if one is mastering tmm, and having all the folders with nfo and artwork, then there is no need for kodi to do any further scraping on its own. especially when kodi does this, it doesn't go into that movie folder but its own database? So if I wanted to share my movies, they wouldn't be the up to date version I would have been used to on kodi?

In the last month I've come a long way too. I had all my movies with no folders or anything just bare "What's Eating Gilbert Grape.mkv", and Im on mac, so for the comment of the file I added the year. Put I realized that putting the year in for every new movie manually is a hassle, and if I ever switched to windows, I would loose that comment column info.

So now I have it as "All or Nothing (2002) 1080p EAC3 (72.0)" and same as you all the folders, nfo, artwork etc. I can also add the subtitles srt to this if the movie is missing it. With my single file ocd, I had to remux the mkv to add the srt, which is a hassle. The 72 is the metascore, which the majority of my movies have, if not I fallback on the imdb score.

Like you mentioned, I see the benefit of only having to do that initial search and scrape once. I have movies in cold storage, so transfer movies every few months into local storage, so my kodi  library is always somewhat temporary. I also like to share my collection. So having to search,match,scrape every time the movie is being utilized would be a hassle.

Since I need to redo my entire 3K movie collection, I am trying to understand every aspect of tmm, and kodi, and how it all works, so I do it right the first time. I don't think I have it in me to have to do a second go!

I will do what you do, and add the Video Codec, will be good to know what that is, because  I could see me replacing all my h264, once we get to h266 or h267 ;P

Not sure if I care so much about blu ray vs. web dl. Can usually tell that based on the audio codec being dts or eac3.

Im assuming that all the artwork needs to be as files, in the same folder as the mkv to work in kodi or other programs? I was thinking I could have an artwork subfolder, so that when I'm in the movie folder I would have the mkv,nfo,srt,and art work folder. Might make it a bit cleaner.
you CAAAANNNNN break the artwork out into a seperate folder...thought about doing that myself....but you would need to tell the scraper where the artwork is and to also put the new artwork there. I chose not to do this because it adds an extra layer of complexity to my already seemingly over complicated environment. I'm not even going to begin to breakdown the process i go through for what a single movie goes through from start to finish... but i will tell you that i have it completely automated to the point where i can walk away from it and the most i have to do is chose the movies i want. 

i enjoy seeing the color cases...kinda like being at a physical movie rental store, I primarily use the cases and the tags at the bottom of the screen to identify the characteristics of the movie im going to watch 

If you are wanting to do movie sets, you DO have to break out the artwork into a seperate directory and tell artwork beef where it is 

If you use the Aeon MQ8 mod skin, you can get results like this which is the fruit of scraping proper data 
(2020-07-31, 18:45)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 16:35)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 06:12)Shredder_guitar Wrote: I tried the local data only approach first also, the issue is that many skins, by design, are built to use underlying services like the skin helper service and the extended info service that use a movies IMDB id or TMDB id to query movie from the internet to get the latest possible info.  You can absolutely use local data only for a lot of things (artwork, some metadata) ...but in my experience, it only gets you so far. But it all boils down to what skin/setup you're using and how much up-to-date info about the movie you're wanting. 

you CAAAANNNNN break the artwork out into a seperate folder...thought about doing that myself....but you would need to tell the scraper where the artwork is and to also put the new artwork there. I chose not to do this because it adds an extra layer of complexity to my already seemingly over complicated environment. I'm not even going to begin to breakdown the process i go through for what a single movie goes through from start to finish... but i will tell you that i have it completely automated to the point where i can walk away from it and the most i have to do is chose the movies i want. 

i enjoy seeing the color cases...kinda like being at a physical movie rental store, I primarily use the cases and the tags at the bottom of the screen to identify the characteristics of the movie im going to watch 

If you are wanting to do movie sets, you DO have to break out the artwork into a seperate directory and tell artwork beef where it is 

If you use the Aeon MQ8 mod skin, you can get results like this which is the fruit of scraping proper data 
Thanks for sharing you're set up, thats pretty impressive. I have 90% of my movies in cold storage, trying to preserve the life of the hard drives as long as possible, if that is even possible, but I will try it this way and see if I can get 10 years out of them versus the standard 5 years. So I just have a temporary HDD with around 100 movies loaded into kodi, then I just delete them as I watch them, keep the good ones and transfer to cold storage once a month, rinse and repeat, but it sure would be nice to have the entire 3K+ movie collection loaded into kodi and being able to watch any movie you feel like.
(2020-08-01, 14:31)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 18:45)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 16:35)Pdubbbs Wrote: In the last month I've come a long way too. I had all my movies with no folders or anything just bare "What's Eating Gilbert Grape.mkv", and Im on mac, so for the comment of the file I added the year. Put I realized that putting the year in for every new movie manually is a hassle, and if I ever switched to windows, I would loose that comment column info.

Thanks for sharing you're set up, thats pretty impressive. I have 90% of my movies in cold storage, trying to preserve the life of the hard drives as long as possible, if that is even possible, but I will try it this way and see if I can get 10 years out of them versus the standard 5 years. So I just have a temporary HDD with around 100 movies loaded into kodi, then I just delete them as I watch them, keep the good ones and transfer to cold storage once a month, rinse and repeat, but it sure would be nice to have the entire 3K+ movie collection loaded into kodi and being able to watch any movie you feel like.
I hope you automate that...that sounds like a lot of extra work. But to be fair, to each their own. If that works for you, good on ya. I'm far to busy for that amount of granularity with data migration. I'm super close to getting my entire media collection to the point where i can walk away from it completely, movies, music, tv shows, video games, all of it. And finally just enjoy what i've built (hopefully)....................then when it breaks i'll have to learn what i did all over again lmao! ahhhhh the cycle.
(2020-08-02, 15:04)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 14:31)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 18:45)Shredder_guitar Wrote: you CAAAANNNNN break the artwork out into a seperate folder...thought about doing that myself....but you would need to tell the scraper where the artwork is and to also put the new artwork there. I chose not to do this because it adds an extra layer of complexity to my already seemingly over complicated environment. I'm not even going to begin to breakdown the process i go through for what a single movie goes through from start to finish... but i will tell you that i have it completely automated to the point where i can walk away from it and the most i have to do is chose the movies i want. 

I hope you automate that...that sounds like a lot of extra work. But to be fair, to each their own. If that works for you, good on ya. I'm far to busy for that amount of granularity with data migration. I'm super close to getting my entire media collection to the point where i can walk away from it completely, movies, music, tv shows, video games, all of it. And finally just enjoy what i've built (hopefully)....................then when it breaks i'll have to learn what i did all over again lmao! ahhhhh the cycle.
Im not sure if it really is possible to automate my process, always thought that really only makes when all systems are online 24/7. I have to manually select what I want to keep or delete, after I watched it either way, and then once a month I connect my offline external hdd, and copy the folder with keeper movies to it. Been doing this for 10 years,  I have only gotten kodi in the last year, so up until then, I would select what to watch from a folder of files, and manually rename each file. So TMM,Kodi, has already been quite a gamechanger. Today I start scraping and renaming my entire collection with tmm, HDD 1/6 here we go!
So It took me 2 hours to scrape, manually select unmatched (I didn't have the year in the title, so it searched without that info = many not matched, then double check ratings (preferred meta, then fallback to imdb only not RT or tmdb) ,artwork (best poster out of tmdb selection), find the background fan artwork for ones that were missing (takes a bit, as you have to find the most relevant high res image possible in google images). Then after everything is done rename and cleanup files.

And that is for 65 Docu's so 2 min per movie = 100 hours for all 3K movies..... So I hope I can fine-tune this process. Will put the years into titles before so have higher match rate. I found out I can rescrape using imdb for ratings, and it will remove rotten, and tmdb. So for ones that don't have the metacritc, I can do this with one click. Also once I get into the mainstream popular american movies, I will have more artwork already scraped. So I should be able to get this down to 30 seconds per movie.

You see thats why Im afraid of using skins in kodi that have all the bells and whistles for artwork. I have lots of foreign films and docus, many don't have all this stuff available like the various banners, clear art, logos, dis cart etc. Im ocd in that way, that every movie needs to have that stuff displayed. I hate it when I browse, and have a wallpaper for 90%, and then 10% have the generic kodi background. I rather have 100% kodi background then LOL. So The skin I have now uses the fan art background, and movie poster, and  I can at least know that I can get that to 100% of the movies.

** Edit UPDATE - Just did 130 English movies in under 2 hours, even getting all subtitles (editing out the added ads in the opensubtitles lol) - so getting better.
@mlaggner can you please review this discussion.
It seems TMM is writing for rating providers "rottenTomatoes" and "metascore", while Kodi and other metadata managers are using "tomatometerallcritics" and "metacritic".
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies#nfo_Tags
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2874988)
this is historical: when we developed the omdb scraper (years ago) we only had access to the basic fields in the JSON response (because only the XML response had the extended ratings then) and are only a few fields with ratings (imdb, metascore) and a map with different "named" ratings like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic.
And IIRC die Kodi page was not detailed enough years ago...

so what I see from an actual call, there is the following in the omdb response:

map:

Internet Movie Database
Rotten Tomatoes
Metacritic

fields:

Metascore
imdbRating
tomatoRotten
tomatoMeter
tomatoRating
tomatoReviews
tomatoFresh
tomatoConsensus
tomatoUserMeter
tomatoUserRating
tomatoUserRevewis

where all types of tomato* resulted in a N/A in my test (sometimes they respond with values, but sometimes not)

so the big question there is: what should we map to which expected field? At the moment the map value "Rotten Tomatoes" is mapped to rottenTomatoes and the field "Metascore" is mapped to metascore
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I'll have to dive into it again and get back to you i've always wanted this to work
(2021-02-09, 08:31)mlaggner Wrote: so the big question there is: what should we map to which expected field? At the moment the map value "Rotten Tomatoes" is mapped to rottenTomatoes and the field "Metascore" is mapped to metascore
I've already explained my thoughts. TMM should do the same as others do, please.

omdb json "Rotten Tomatoes" -> nfo "tomatometerallcritics"
omdb json "Metacritic" -> nfo "metacritic"

omdb xml "tomatoMeter" -> nfo "tomatometerallcritics"
omdb xml "metascore" -> nfo "metacritic"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM to scrape multiple Rating sources0