genre fanart
Hi all
How to add a genre fanart instead of pictures with a microphone?

(2020-06-10, 21:46)OlegArh Wrote: Hi all
How to add a genre fanart instead of pictures with a microphone?

@OlegArh , currently there is no option to display genre fanart for music.  Were you looking to use one of the music genre fanart image addons already available or to use your own images? The first option is something I could do.  I cannot make any commitments as to when I will add this, though.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
bsoriano thank you for your answer.
I really like the amber skin, it looks cool.
I want to use my own images for music genres.(example drawings below).
If there is no Fanart for the artist, then the genre fanart was shown.

ImageImage
(2020-06-13, 12:21)OlegArh Wrote: bsoriano thank you for your answer.
I really like the amber skin, it looks cool.
I want to use my own images for music genres.(example drawings below).
If there is no Fanart for the artist, then the genre fanart was shown.

ImageImage
@OlegArh , thanks for letting me know. 

From your screenshot, it looks like you want a custom genre fanart for a music folder, not for a genre.  I suppose you have your music folders separated by genre.  I don't think I can do that.  Is there any other skin where you have seen this done? If there is, please let me know so I can see how it was done.  Thanks.

What I can do that I do not have in Amber yet, is showing music genre fanart when you are looking at music genres.  I will implement both getting the fanart from an image resource addon, and also from your own folder of genre images.  I will respond back on this thread when it is ready.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, my music folders are divided by genre.
I'm new to Kodi, I used MediaPortal before, and it implements mapping
fanart by genre. I'll look in other skins and let you know.
If you can make a genre fanart it will be cool.
Thanks bsoriano.
WBR
(2020-06-14, 13:48)OlegArh Wrote: Yes, my music folders are divided by genre.
I'm new to Kodi, I used MediaPortal before, and it implements mapping
fanart by genre. I'll look in other skins and let you know.
If you can make a genre fanart it will be cool.
Thanks bsoriano.
WBR
@OlegArh , please test version 3.2.93, I have added Music Genre Fanart.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Look here for info: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2957996 .  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great job! Thanks
How do I add more than 1 genre image?
(2020-06-18, 12:07)OlegArh Wrote: Great job! Thanks
How do I add more than 1 genre image?

@OlegArh, I did not plan for that. I need to think about how to do that, and even if I can do it. I will let you know later today.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks, I Hope everything works out
(2020-06-18, 14:03)OlegArh Wrote: Thanks, I Hope everything works out
@OlegArh , thanks! I think I figured out how to do this.  Would 5 images per genre be enough for your needs? They will have to be named <Genre>.jpg, <Genre>2.jpg, etc.  So for Rock, you will have Rock.jpg, Rock2.jpg, and so on until Rock4j.pg. 

Also, due to my limited coding skills, you will have to have 5 images for each genre, or a black background will be shown if there are missing images.  For example, if you only have 3 images for Rock, and not 5, you might see a transition to a black background while you are on the Rock item.  In the same manner, when you move to a different genre that also does not have the 5 images, you might see a black background before seeing a fanart for that other genre.

Please let me know if this would suit your needs.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for answer and for your help.
I have a large music collection, so I made 50 genre fanarts (blues 50 PCs., rock 50 PCs., classical rock 50 PCs., etc.).
I like when a lot of genre fanarts, a few pictures soon get bored.
(2020-06-20, 11:13)OlegArh Wrote: Thank you for answer and for your help.
I have a large music collection, so I made 50 genre fanarts (blues 50 PCs., rock 50 PCs., classical rock 50 PCs., etc.).
I like when a lot of genre fanarts, a few pictures soon get bored.
@OlegArh , thanks.  I found a different way of doing this, and you will be able to have as many images as you want per genre.  The caveat is that in your custom folder with music genre fanart, you will have to have a sub-folder for each genre, where you will put the genre fanart, as many as you want.  So, say that your custom folder is (I will use Windows conventions for the example) "D:\MusicGenres\Fanart", then in that folder, you need to have a sub--folder for each genre, so for Rock you will have a sub-folder called "Rock", for Blues another called "Blues", and so on.  Inside each genre sub-folder you can have as many images as you want, and they can have whatever name you want.  Just make sure that each genre sub-folder is named exactly like the genre in your music database.

What do you think, will that work for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: The changes are already in the latest version. Please test and let me know. Thanks.
Hi, bsoriano! Thank you for answer.
I created a music Genres folder with a Fanart subfolder. There I created a folder of Blues and copied the genre images of Blues, Blues1 into it. unfortunately, this does not work.
Shows a black screen. Apparently, I need to enable the checkbox in the settings?
WBR
(2020-06-21, 10:10)OlegArh Wrote: Hi, bsoriano! Thank you for answer.
I created a music Genres folder with a Fanart subfolder. There I created a folder of Blues and copied the genre images of Blues, Blues1 into it. unfortunately, this does not work.
Shows a black screen. Apparently, I need to enable the checkbox in the settings?
WBR

Yes, see my post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2958668

The screenshots in that post pertain to video genre fanart, but it works the same way for music genre fanart. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here are my settings

ImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
genre fanart0