Solved Creating /amending/deleting channel groups with MYSQL in Kodi database back end...
I won't post the full code, but basically I am connecting to the Kodi database backend using Python and the sqllite3 module to connect to the Kodi MYSQL instance:

cur.execute("SELECT * FROM channelgroups")
cur.execute("INSERT INTO channelgroups(idGroup, bIsRadio, iGroupType, sName, iLastWatched, bIsHidden, iPosition) VALUES (4, 0, 0, 'Test Group', 0, 0, 0)")
cur.execute("INSERT INTO map_channelgroups_channels(idChannel, idGroup, iChannelNumber, iSubChannelNumber) VALUES (832, 4, 1302, 0)")
cur.execute("SELECT * FROM map_channelgroups_channels")

I am connecting to the TV32 db in Kodi Leia. I am creating a new group, then loading a channel into that group. I can see that this operation is successful. But when I then open Kodi, something in the application removes the row in channelgroups again. Is there something else within the application that I need to update so that the group will be retained upon start up?

I have several thousand tv channels and there is no way I can map them all to the correct groups manually...

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Creating /amending/deleting channel groups with MYSQL in Kodi database back end... - by gdogg371 - 2020-06-12, 16:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating /amending/deleting channel groups with MYSQL in Kodi database back end...0