Solved Creating /amending/deleting channel groups with MYSQL in Kodi database back end...
I won't post the full code, but basically I am connecting to the Kodi database backend using Python and the sqllite3 module to connect to the Kodi MYSQL instance:

cur.execute("SELECT * FROM channelgroups")
cur.execute("INSERT INTO channelgroups(idGroup, bIsRadio, iGroupType, sName, iLastWatched, bIsHidden, iPosition) VALUES (4, 0, 0, 'Test Group', 0, 0, 0)")
cur.execute("INSERT INTO map_channelgroups_channels(idChannel, idGroup, iChannelNumber, iSubChannelNumber) VALUES (832, 4, 1302, 0)")
cur.execute("SELECT * FROM map_channelgroups_channels")

I am connecting to the TV32 db in Kodi Leia. I am creating a new group, then loading a channel into that group. I can see that this operation is successful. But when I then open Kodi, something in the application removes the row in channelgroups again. Is there something else within the application that I need to update so that the group will be retained upon start up?

I have several thousand tv channels and there is no way I can map them all to the correct groups manually...

Thanks
map_channelgroups_channels has also had the new row removed when kodi starts up...
Btw - I've figured out what the issue was. I had sync channel groups to back end selected in Kodi. When activated, this removes any channel groups you define in Kodi from the TV32db back end...
Thread marked solved.
(2020-06-12, 16:29)gdogg371 Wrote: I have several thousand tv channels

This always amazes me!!   I have around 300~400 channels and yet I only watch about 8 of them.  No clue why you would need several thousand channels.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-06-14, 15:24)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-06-12, 16:29)gdogg371 Wrote: I have several thousand tv channels

This always amazes me!!   I have around 300~400 channels and yet I only watch about 8 of them.  No clue why you would need several thousand channels.

A lot of them are sports channels, however I do enjoy channel hopping across different countries if I'm bored. Looking in on other parts of the world to see what they are up to. I also have my sister with me now who has traveled the world a lot and seems to have developed a taste for overseas tv. Plus, I like taking stuff to the extreme, so part of it is building a set up that has as much stuff as possible in it just to say I've done it. I'd like to add some Japanese and Korean TV to what I currently have at some point...
(2020-06-14, 14:33)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.

The solution came to me when I was out riding my bike. Lesson learned is, if you get stuck on something, go and do something else for a while and come back. Your brain will have had a reset and you'll probably be able to fix whatever you were stuck on...
(2020-06-14, 16:27)gdogg371 Wrote: Plus, I like taking stuff to the extreme, so part of it is building a set up that has as much stuff as possible in it just to say I've done it.

All very, very legal of course, all those several thousand tv channels...
(2020-06-14, 16:36)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 16:27)gdogg371 Wrote: Plus, I like taking stuff to the extreme, so part of it is building a set up that has as much stuff as possible in it just to say I've done it.

Of course. FTA only...

Do you like to try to discourage users from using this site? Do you frown at your own tally wacker when you pee? You sure seem like that guy. Lighten up buddy, life as a nazi is no fun
(2020-06-14, 17:34)BoyBobby Wrote: Do you like to try to discourage users from using this site?

We are not your average Kodi add-on website. This is the official Kodi support site.
We do not want any crap from whatever piracy solution.
People having thousands of IPTV channels are not using their Kodi setup in a legal manner.
They can do that, just do NOT expect any further support from us.

So... Which part of our Piracy policy (wiki) do you not understand?

(2020-06-14, 17:34)BoyBobby Wrote: Do you frown at your own tally wacker when you pee? You sure seem like that guy. Lighten up buddy, life as a nazi is no fun

You have already been cautioned in the past.
Talking at Kodi team members with such language will not be tolerated.
It's time for you to say "Goodbye, Kodi forum".
(2020-06-14, 17:34)BoyBobby Wrote:

Do you like to try to discourage users from using this site? Do you frown at your own tally wacker when you pee? You sure seem like that guy. Lighten up buddy, life as a nazi is no fun

No, very much the opposite. But generally users with 1000’s of channels do not obtain them from legal sources hence that line of questioning.

Please always be respectful to anyone you communicate with on the forum. Your last response was not.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Can't help but feel I am being crucified for something that I have not even done here, and thus comments such as 'no further support from us' dont come across very well. How do I have thousands of channel that are not dodgy IPTV links? Well firstly I have a Sky Q box that I am using via a capture card and VLC to encode into a transport stream and piping into NPVR. Secondly, I also have a motorised 2 metre dish hooked up to an Enigma2 box. I also have a valid subscription to a content provider on one of those satellites for sport. Bit presumptuous from a Kodi Team Member to be honest...
(2020-06-14, 18:59)gdogg371 Wrote: Can't help but feel I am being crucified for something that I have not even done here, and thus comments such as 'no further support from us' dont come across very well. How do I have thousands of channel that are not dodgy IPTV links? Well firstly I have a Sky Q box that I am using via a capture card and VLC to encode into a transport stream and piping into NPVR. Secondly, I also have a motorised 2 metre dish hooked up to an Enigma2 box. I also have a valid subscription to a content provider on one of those satellites for sport. Bit presumptuous from a Kodi Team Member to be honest...

No offence was meant to you at all. The fact of the matter is that most users with as many channels as you are probably not legit (like 99% of the time). Apologies.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Enigma2 users also need to concerned with https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142983 as well as IPTV.

My pet peeve is VOD and Catchup since they seem to tolerated here and I have yet to find on legit site that I can use for testing.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating /amending/deleting channel groups with MYSQL in Kodi database back end...0