Default menu item on startup
Is there a way to set the default menu item on startup?  I saw a thread from Jan. saying there was, but I can't seem to find it.
(2020-06-15, 06:40)Litcube Wrote: Is there a way to set the default menu item on startup?  I saw a thread from Jan. saying there was, but I can't seem to find it.

@Litcube , Amber will start in the following menu item:

1. For the horizontal menu, the item in the third position
2. For the vertical menu:
   -- If Static not enabled, the item in the fourth position
   -- If Static enabled, the item in the sixth position
   -- If Start at Frist Menu Item is set to Yes, the item in the first position

What are the positions I am referring to? I am referring to the positions when you are configuring the menu items, (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Configure Home Menu and Shelves):

So, from the screenshot above, if I am using the Horizontal Menu, Amber would start in the menu item "Movies" (the third from the top); if I am using the Vertical menu, non-static, Amber would start in the "4K" menu item (fourth from the top). If am using the static vertical menu, Amber would start in the "Music" menu item (sixth from the top), and if I am using the Vertical menu and enable the option Start at First Menu Item, Amber would start in the "Addons" menu item (first from the top).

Please remember that you can reorder (move up and down, add, delete, etc.) the menu items as you wish, so you can place whatever menu item you want Amber to start in, in the appropriate position depending on what menu and options you are using.  Thanks.

I hope this explains it.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-15, 19:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 06:40)Litcube Wrote:  
Yes, thank you for being so thorough.

Specifically, where is that option held?  "If Start at Frist Menu Item is set to Yes, the item in the first position"
(2020-06-15, 22:26)Litcube Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 19:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 06:40)Litcube Wrote:  
Yes, thank you for being so thorough.

Specifically, where is that option held?  "If Start at Frist Menu Item is set to Yes, the item in the first position"
@Litcube , you can find it here:

Please note that the option is only applicable to the vertical menu.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
That explains it!

My version says 3.2.23.  Where are you getting your version?  Should I not be getting the latest from the repository?

Edit:  Oh!  Nevermind it has its own repo!  OOoo!  You're so fancy!
(2020-06-16, 06:27)Litcube Wrote: That explains it!

My version says 3.2.23.  Where are you getting your version?  Should I not be getting the latest from the repository?

Edit:  Oh!  Nevermind it has its own repo!  OOoo!  You're so fancy!
@Litcube , were you able to configure the menu to your liking? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Oh yeah!  This version is so much more polished.  Everything is fantastic!  Well done on this.
(2020-06-16, 23:04)Litcube Wrote: Oh yeah!  This version is so much more polished.  Everything is fantastic!  Well done on this.

@Litcube , thanks for confirming! Smile

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default menu item on startup0